cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Screen goes black

Rufus57
Up to speed

I was getting that too. Could happen on any channel. At its worst I could get four or five black screens in an hour. My match frame rate is set to ON but as I watch Netflix via my TV's native app I didn't note any issue there. Suddenly the problem disappeared and it hasn't reappeared in months. Localised issue? I am in Birmingham. 

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Rufus57, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry this was happening to you, however I am glad it has resolved now.

I have taken a look at our side and everything is fine, there could have been an issue in the area or planned work that could of caused it.

Please do let me know if this does happen again. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Black screening has started again. Many times whilst watching C4 and BBC1 today. Now watching  BBC1 via the Youview tuner built into my TV and no issues so I know there is some sort of conflict between the TV and 360 box. Will try match rate switched to OFF but am at a loss as to how this could affect this issue. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rufus57, 

Thanks for getting back to us and we are sorry to hear the issues have returned.

Have you be able to make the amendments to the settings? If so, have this helped? 

Thanks, 

Nat

Match Frame Rate was already turned to OFF so it wasn't that. I briefly took out the batteries from the 360 and the TV has behaved itself since. I can't really believe that is the answer but we will see.

Thanks for the update @Rufus57,

If you do continue to experience issues again, don't hesitate to reach out- we're here to help 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs