Menu
JenB123
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings unwatchable

Hi,

This is happening to us too. We can't watch recordings and we can't pause the TV. When they play, it starts/stops and jumps about.

We also have 2 boxes and it is our main box downstairs.

First time using the community so hopefully I've done this right!

Thank you,

Jen

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Recordings issue

Hi @JenB123 

It's better to start your own post rather than adding to someone elses - replies can get confused otherwise. Not to worry - I've done it for you this time.

First thing - you've posted in the V360 board, but is this the box you have? Check here if you're not sure. Assuming you do have a 360 and not a V6, you've referred to your "main box" - does this mean you have a main 360 & a mini-one (no HDD) upstairs?

Aside from that - do you have problems with live TV viewing? Or is it only when you pause/rewind live TV, or watch recordings? If so.. that suggests your hard drive has problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JenB123,

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue.

Could you please confirm if you have been able to perform a reboot of your box? Could you please also make sure that all cables are tightly inserted into the back of the box?

Please let me know if the issue persists once you have tried these steps.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
JenB123
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

All of the cables are in properly. I have tried turning it off and on again at the wall switches but do you mean a full reset?

Thank you,

Jen

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JenB123,

Thank you for getting back to us, and apologies about the delayed response.

Have you turned the TV box off and on using the button at the back of the box?

Can you clarify if this issue is still ongoing? Is this mainly happening on recordings, or on live TV? Would you be able to explain what happens when you try to watch recordings and if you receive an error code? 

If you're seeing an error code on screen, please take a look here to see if this is a known error code to us. This may be able to help resolve the issue.

Please let us know so we can diagnose the issue a bit more.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JenB123
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paula,

We have switched the back of the box on and off and it still happens. 

There is no error code, it just glitches, starts, stops and isn't watchable. It is about the same on recordings and on pausing and playing the TV.

We've had an error message about it being unable to play the recording before but this hasn't happened for a while and instead just doesn't work properly.

Thank you, 

Jen

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@JenB123 wrote:

There is no error code, it just glitches, starts, stops and isn't watchable. It is about the same on recordings and on pausing and playing the TV.

And for clarity - this is only happening whenever the hard drive is the source?

Live TV is ok? And OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JenB123
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I believe it is only when the hard drive is being used.

Live TV is completely fine and we can watch series and films on demand with no problem.

Thank you 

Jen

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JenB123,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, and for completing all the checks!

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. 

I was able to navigate your account from the details that you provided on our Forum. I have taken a look at your TV boxes and I can see that there is an issue with one of them. I think the best thing to do at the moment, is to book you a technician appointment.

I am not able to confirm the date and time of this appointment. However, you will be able to manage this on your online account.

If you are showing any symptoms or are self-isolating for any reason, you can re-schedule your appointment using the same link provided.

I hope this helps, and please keep us updated on how your appointment goes! 

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JenB123
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help 🙂

Fingers crossed

Thanks everyone, 

Jen

0 Kudos