Menu
gadge888
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality

i have the same issues with v6 and I've even upgraded to the new 360 tv box and the picture is still terrible 

this is defiantly not the tv as the ps5 works fine the fire stick and anything else i plug in works also the prime and Netflix plays in perfect hd and 4k on the virgin boxes but my live channels are sd if that ,

ive got new gear from virgin including the 4k 2.1 hd leads and no joy ,

changed every setting possible even gone back to 1080 and the picture is the same ,

virgin are terrible at helping with this and my new 360 boxes will be going back and sky q it is ,

gutted as the internet is shocking with sky 

0 Kudos
gadge888
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box and very poor HD picture

I am having the same problem, I recently got a 4k TV 65inch , the sports channels are terrible blurry faces unless zoomed in bt sport slightly better but still not hd ,and the bt uhd channel is hd at best , i get that the 4k will only work with compatible channels but it shouldn't turn my hd channels into sd ,i spent 2 hours on with virgin to be just past from pillar to post , I ended up upgrading to the new 360 boxes what have arrived but just the same blurriness , netflix prime are perfect , i was blaming the TV at 1st but for 3 weeks I have been trying to figure out what to do ,I've tried every setting combination on both my tv and virgin box and no joy , absolutely fuming with virgin and the poor quality picture ,

i know this isn't a solution but after reading your post it made me feel better that I'm not going mad and there is an issue with the box,

hopefully we can find someone who will understand and not tell us were doing something wrong or tell us to switch it off and back on 🤣

0 Kudos
gadge888
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I wouldnt bother mate i got mine yesterday and the situation the same netflix fine prime fine then the service i pay the most money for is awful 

Tried uploading a picture but says the file too big 

Similar story to the virgin box 😂

0 Kudos
gadge888
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210129-164748_Gallery.jpg

 this isnt just a badly paused motion picture , there faces are blurry has there running round 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Nova1989
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality

I've just rejoined,I initially had Virgin for 48 hours max around 2 years ago and noticed the picture was awful, pixelated and lacked any detail! I could easily get a picture better picture on Freeview that would wipe the floor with the V6 and left with no hesitation. Recently I've had to leave Sky due to my dish signal as the neighbour wasn't happy with my dish being 5 houses down and on hers for the last 9 years because of the church next door blocking my view. I thought I'd give Virgin another go for piece of mind by knowing if it was still a shambles....

After waiting 2 hours for the boxes to work I got a picture and reluctantly went through the channels and straight to Sky Sports HD as it previously looked soft and flat. Some how, the picture is as good as what I had on Sky Q and has improved MASSIVELY, it wasn't the mess I had on the V6; which leads to me to believe this could be a upstream issue?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d1db0da76043c41871c5a4c7663bd47289828ca1
0 Kudos