Menu
tlerner87
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: No uhd on ultimate oomph bundle

Hi Kath_F

This thread has made me realise my UHD bundle isn't activated either, despite being a fairly new customer on ultimate oomph. I remember being told about UHD when signing up.

Please could you look into it for me? DM me if you need details etc.

It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tlerner87,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you're having some UHD issues.

Would you mind expanding a little further as to what they are? What happens when you try to view UHD content?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tlerner87
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zach_R

I can access the Virgin media UHD content & BT sport ultimate, but not any of the Sky On demand box sets/films UHD content - its just says "SUBSCRIBE".

Reading back into this thread, I should have access to the Sky UHD stuff as part of the ultimate oomph when i signed up recently.

Thanks for looking into this.

Tom

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi tlerner87,

Thank you for coming back to us, the offer for Oomph customer and the UHD channels is only valid for new customers from the 5TH May 2021, we are sorry if this wasn't made clear and for any inconvenience caused, You can find out more around this offer here.

If you do wish to take up the Sky UHD package for a additional £6 per Month this can be added, you can added via your remote control or on my package on your Online Account..

Regards.

Paul.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You've not said, so I'll ask..

@tlerner87 wrote:

Reading back into this thread, I should have access to the Sky UHD stuff as part of the ultimate oomph when i signed up recently.

When exactly is "recently"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tlerner87
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I joined on 22nd March 2021.

I guess it's my fault for thinking that the ultimate oomph included ALL the UHD and not just a small proportion of it. VM have obviously since realised that calling it ultimate oomph was a false promise and thats why it's now included in the package.

I don't want to pay £6 extra per month on top of what is already a lot of money per month - how about a goodwill gesture to get it added to bring me in line with what I would have got if I had signed up just 6 weeks later? 

Thanks getting back to me anyway, it is appreciated not to have to sit on the phone line!

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello @tlerner87,

I will send you a private message now so I can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul_Dn and Hayley-S

Apparently there is a IT ticket open on this subject, see thread below,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Is-Sky-Cinema-UHD-included-in-Ultim...

The web page clearly states 

Get all your favourites with up to 4x the clarity of standard HD content, for just £6 a month or get it included when you renew or start a new Ultimate Oomph contract.

If you have our Sky Cinema Collection, add Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD to your package for £6 a month or get it included when you renew or start a new Ultimate Oomph contract.

Roy

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 

The thread you've referred to, is - I believe - primarily concerned with customers (I know you're one) who have re-contracted since May 5th, when the UHD-OD add-on should be included.

The OP in this thread has said they re-contracted on March 22nd, and so seems to be a different scenario.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

You could be quite correct as they seem to keep moving the goalposts, I am beginning to wonder if the IT ticket is to change it back to only free for new customer's because when I posted 2 weeks ago it said the same about renewing in the legal stuff at the bottom of the page and I now it doesn't from a quick look, unless I missed it.  Maybe the plan is to change the web page completely.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/ultra-hd

Roy.

0 Kudos