Menu
tsjohnson
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you set up a tv in another room

Hi, thanks very much for the response. 

if you use a HDMI matrix can you view different channels on the two TVs at the same time? additionally what is the cable length limit and where does it need to connect from - the virgin 360 box to the second TV?

with regards to the second TV box option what connections are required as where the TV is going currently there is just a power socket. does it need an aerial or ethernet etc?

Thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't speak with any experience of HDMI matrix's but as the 360 box only has one HDMI output I can't see how you will get 2 different channels out at the same time.

Regarding a second 360 box it will need a coax connection to the Virgin stream for live TV and a network connection, ethernet or wifi.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

4K the cable length is around 10 feet

1080 the cable length is around 50 feet

To get the max you will need high quality cables

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@tsjohnson wrote:

Hi, thanks very much for the response. 

if you use a HDMI matrix can you view different channels on the two TVs at the same time? additionally what is the cable length limit and where does it need to connect from - the virgin 360 box to the second TV?

with regards to the second TV box option what connections are required as where the TV is going currently there is just a power socket. does it need an aerial or ethernet etc?

Thanks

Matrix is basically a splitter for multiple sources to multiple devices so no good in this scenario. 

You need tv360 mini box to other tv and that requires a co ax for live tv but will allow you to access on demand and the main box for its recording via wifi. If co ax not an issue there is thread about using mini box without co ax.

Equipment; HUB4 , x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
ultimate oomph gig1
0 Kudos