cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't watch recordings, says "subscribe"

mumNo1
Joining in

I have the same issue. My recordings and planned recordings kept being deleted so Virgin swapped out my box. Now I cannot delete some recordings and cannot watch any as it now says Subscribe instead of watch. Another engineer came and swapped out both my V6 and 360 mini. It retained all the recordings, planned recordings and watchlists and still has the Subscribe issue. He thinks it is cloud related. So now I cannot watch any recordings. He said I would have to wait for Virgin to resolve the technical fault. 

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mumNo1 

I've moved your post from the thread you replied to in the V6 forum because the 360 (horizon) platform which you are on works differently to the V6 (tivo) platform.

All of your previous recordings, planned recordings and series links should have been deleted when both the main 360 and mini 360 boxes were swapped out together.

Does the subscribe issue related to recordings or live TV channels?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, Swapping out the boxes did not remove the watchlists, planned recordings or recordings, which surprised the engineer as well. 

The Subscribe issue is only for recordings and planned recordings. I can watch live TV.

A third engineer has now been and swapped out the V6 box again. Still has the old recordings and planned recordings  which he could not delete manually either and he dud a factory reset as well. All he could do was contact colleagues for more help  so still unable to watch recordings. Pain in the proverbial as I either have to miss things or try and watch them live.

Hi mumNo1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the recordings. 

Can you confirm what the engineer did in regards to the recordings and how to resolve it? 

Can you confirm if it is the 360 or mini box which currently has the issue? 

Kind regards Chris. 

Hi everyone,

The issue is solved and all engineers have been updated about it. When a box is switched out it must be powered off first, if it is just unplugged the contents of the hard drive are saved to the cloud. When the new box is switched on the contents are then restored to the new box, this causes a glitch between the new box and the saved content and it asks for a the user to subscribe to watch recordings. As long as the box is switched off first it will not happen.

The guys in the background managed to manually remove all my previous recordings, which could not be done via the box and I currently have no issues.

Hi there @mumNo1 

Thank you so much for your post and update, we are so gad to hear that things are looking better for you. 

Please don't hesitate to pop back to the forums should you need any help in the future and we will do all we can. 

Thanks again.