cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Black screen

darreng031
Joining in

Hi

I’ve got the TV360 and keep getting the same issue. Black screen with sound and I use a Samsung Frame TV. I’ve contacted Samsung and they say it’s Virgin and I’ve contacted Virgin and had an engineer come over and put a new box with cable in and they said it’s Samsung. 

All my other features and HDMI ports with other cables and devices work on my TV. 

Can anyone help please? 

Thanks 

Darren 

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Hi Darren,

Is it an intermittent problem or permanent black screen, I would say try a non HDMI-ARC (eARC) connector but I think they are all eARC on the Frame TV. If the problem is intermittent try turning off the HDMI control (Anynet+) on the TV and see if that makes any difference.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey darreng031, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to see you are having some issues with this.

We can't guarantee our equipment  will work with any 3rd party kit and when it does it might not work 100%.

I can see you have spoke to the team recently too, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt

Sorry for the delayed response.

No unfortunately it’s still not working - it just does black screen intermittently so sometimes it works and other times not.

Kind regards 

Darren 

Hi @darreng031,

I'm so sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. Have you noticed any pattern to when this issue occurs? For example, is it happening at around the same time each day? Is it only happening on certain channels and/or apps? etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi 

No there is no pattern - just happens intermittently. It’s on all channels, I just get black screen with sound and then sometimes the sound cuts out briefly and then comes back but never the picture.  Then I will leave it for a few hours / overnight and it will work again.

kind regards

Darren

Good Morning @darreng031, thanks for coming back to us.

Have you possibly been able to try using the set top box on a different TV to see if the error is also apparent on that set?

Do you have multiple set top boxes in the property with the same issue occurring?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn