cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: BBC I player app not loading

Bri_G
Fibre optic

It's not working for me, starts ok  then 2 minutes in comes up with an error.

The connection light on the Tivo box starts flashing as if there's no internet but the hub is fine and everything else is still online.

Only happend with BBC iPlayer, all other apps are unnafected.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bri_G wrote:

It's not working for me, starts ok  then 2 minutes in comes up with an error.

The connection light on the Tivo box starts flashing as if there's no internet but the hub is fine and everything else is still online.

Only happend with BBC iPlayer, all other apps are unnafected.

You've added to an existing thread started by a TV360 user, but then subsequently referred to a TiVo. TiVo is not TV360, and uses its own inbuilt internet connection separate from your home broadband.

Which box do you have? https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I suspect you have a TiVo not a TV360, and the connection light is the heartbeat light on the front-left? But if that's the case, then all internet-based functions should be affected - not just the iPlayer app. Do you have issues with OnDemand programmes from, say, C4 or C5? I ask that deliberately because ITV also now uses their own streaming app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry, it’s 360. We upgraded from V6.
No other apps seem affected and with bbc iPlayer it constantly goes offline. 
Everything else connected to the hub stays online. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your TV360 connected to your hub - is it Ethernet cable or wireless?

Do other internet-based functions on your TV360 work - OnDemand and other streaming services, being the best test

Appreciate you've said other devices are working OK - this proves your home broadband as fine, but it's the connection to your TV360 that needs to be proven.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yep, everything else is good, ITVX, Netflix, Amazon prime, no problem at all. All through the 360 box over wifi. We have one of the new boosters right by the tv but have tried with and without that but it’s the same. 
the only thing I can think of is the programme we were watching was in UHD but it shouldn’t cause the 360 box to completely lose connection. 

Hi there @Bri_G 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you on the team.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with BBC iPlayer. Can I just confirm what does the error message state when you access the channel? 

I was getting this on Sunday and Monday too, even when going on BBC channels I'd get a "There's an issue with BBC launcher" error message. iPlayer wouldn't load at all. Turning off and back on with the plug did the trick.

I tried again last night and it worked fine, watched a whole episode in UHD and it didn’t buffer or stop once. 
So I have no idea what the problem was but it seems to have rectified itself 🤷‍♂️

Huckster
On our wavelength

This signing out of apps and has been happening since about the second week of January 2023.  Sometimes you think the issue has been fixed and then you find the apps have all been signed out of again.  And some of the apps are not accessible for period. Message comes up saying App not accessible CS2400 code.

Virgin Media are well aware that they are having ongoing issues with the apps on their 360 service.  The issue appears to be a software problem, as there is a conflict between the software the apps have and the software the VM boxes have.