cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:4k channel's follow resolution settings but dont change back.

CarlMario
Joining in

My problem is with my 360 box in the living room changes resolution and tv picture settings correctly when I tune into a 4K channel however when I tune in to a lower resolution channel it doesn't change back leaving me with a horrible picture. The only way I can get it back to normal is to turn the box off and back on again. Or Turn the tv off and on. I have a second box in a bedroom and have tried swapping box over and it works fine with other 360 box. I have done factory reset a couple of time's and have changed resolution in HDMI Video setting but it still persists. 

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

You said you have swapped the boxes and it is only one box that has this problem with your TV, are both boxes resolution setting set to Automatic or 2160 or 1080 ? The 360 shouldn't alter any TV setting all it does if set to Auto is to detect the native resolution of the TV and then everything is output at 4K, you can override this by setting the 360 to 1080 and let your TV upscale the picture.

Attempted this but it it still occurs.

When you swapped boxes did the fault move to the bedroom or is that not a 4K TV. If the TV worked OK with the second box and you used the same cable's and HDMI connector on the TV then it would suggest you do have a faulty box. You can either phone Virgin, 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, or wait for one of the Forum Team to pick this up.

Hi CarlMario,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your resolution after changing to an SD channel from a HD channel. Can you please let us know if the issue stayed with the set top box itself as roy247 has asked so we can so if the issue is indeed with the set top box? We can then advise further.

Thanks for your help @roy247

Beth