cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 upgrade

geoffrogers
On our wavelength

I have requested a free upgrade to TV360 (which actually was promised as part of the new contract I agreed, but let's not go there for now).

They said the new remote would arrive by Tuesday (3 days ago) and the upgrade app at the same time.

Am I being optimistic in thinking that by now it should have arrived, or should I wait a few days before chasing it up.. And who do I chase it up with, 150 on the phone and wait for hours for connection, or is there a better way?

3 REPLIES 3

Tetsujin28
On our wavelength

Be thankful that you haven't got the remote, so don't have to set up the 360 service.

There is literally NO upside to 360 over the old TiVo. I fell for this "upgrade" a couple of months ago & have seriously regretted it ever since. You accept that you will lose all your TV series that the TiVo has faithfully remembered to record over the years each time a new season starts & have to re-program them all… but, the new system cannot be set up for shows that are not currently broadcasting. If it's not in the schedule, it will not find it. 

So, you accept you will have to find each one just as it is about to start, then you can program it in. Good luck with that. I've been trying to get Grand Designs since August. It's managed to record about three out of ten.

This week, for some unknown reason it recorded the late-night version with signing for the deaf. Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate that this is a useful service for some, but for those not in need of it it's like having someone dancing by the side of the TV while you're trying to watch your show. Remarkably distracting. I'll have to see which version it recorded from yesterday, if it recorded it at all.

That aside, to get to your recordings is no longer a single button-press. It is six. Yup, six. You can ask it to show you your recordings, if you like talking to machines, I suppose. 
Yesterday, I tried asking it to show me Grand Designs. It happily presented me with one from 2014. As there are no dates on anything, it took me a minute or two to realise I'd seen it before, years ago.

So, for the sake of your sanity. Drop that 360 remote straight in a drawer if & when it arrives. There is no going back once you upgrade. You initiate the upgrade simply by activating the 360 remote & then a couple of button presses. Don't take the tab out from the battery compartment & you won't be tempted.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A conversion is never "part of a contract", it's completely separate and no-one is compelled to a) Convert at all, or b) Do so when renegotiating a package.

Many do "b", but that remains a choice and is not compulsory.

Having said all that, if you have agreed to convert and the process has started, then hiding the remote away won't stop the process automatically running after a week or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks