Menu
Dazza123
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 360 offline or not connecting

So I've been getting this issue fir a couple of months, engineer came round , didn't have a clue why its doing it, replaced the box, fine for a couple of weeks then it returns. Had another engineer appointment booked for mini box as that wouldn't work at all, cancelled that as it seemed to fix itself, then same issue returned. Its clearly an issue that's widespread but virgin have no clue. Just tonight I tried to set up a recording via the TV Go app (due to having to watch a program on iplayer that won't play) and it wouldn't set up saying the box is offline.  Clearly it isn't as watching iplayer through it and diagnostic saying all OK. 

I had considered it maybe due to my mesh system,  do you have just the standard router??

All in all I'm sick of Virgin not having a clue and all I can do is wait out my contract...11 months and counting!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your post has been moved to a new thread, rather than adding to someone else's.

With that in mind, could you explain what the issue you're having, is?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dazza123
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think the post explains it all, I've had engineer out, he didn't know, I've been in contact with support, still no clue, I added to the thread to show its not a one off problem but obviously a fault with 360. I've been with Virgin for over a decade but this issue is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was querying which aspect of the service wans't connecting - I would assume the internet-based functions such as VoD etc, but you didn't say.

This is primarily a user-community forum where the first responders are often other users rather than VM staff with account access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dazza123
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's the actual recording,  it shows as recorded but doesn't play, says it's offline but it's not. A new thing is it saying something has not recorded due to a power cut when there wasn't. There's lots of bugs that are not being resolved. On demand works fine, although frustrating there's no 'All 4' which wasn't shown as not being a function when I purchased it.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Dazza123 

Check your Standby power consumption settings.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

All4,isn't an app in it's own right but  it's coming soon. The content is accessible via the Catch Up menu by selecting from the channel drop down.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Dazza123
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's on fast start because of the mini box, I've tried everything to resolve the issues, engineers can't, moderator ls can't,  it's very annoying to deal with. Right now I can't even delete a program because 'The Virgin box is offline '....

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried rebooting both the hub and 360 boxes?

If that doesn't work you could also try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

With the 360 selecting Choose Keep Recordings means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
roy247
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazza123,

Just reading this thread from the top (don't know what it was added to), is it only when you are using the TVGO app you are having the problem or problems and otherwise main box and mini box are working ok.

Edited, to say I have just read the first post again and the reference to the TVGO app was additional to the original problem.

I would also try disconnecting your mesh system first if you haven't already tried just to prove the basic system works.

0 Kudos