cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 box

Kelfred
Tuning in

I downgraded from my TiVo box to the 360 box, worse thing I ever did ,nowlocked in for 18 months

what a backward  step by virgin constant lip sync problems programmes failing to record, no series link 

remote control is awful even though it has option for voice command,

my opinion for what it’s worth is avoid this box if you can and don’t upgrade

they keep promising to improve functions  with software upgrades    But when ?

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

@Kelfred wrote:

I downgraded from my TiVo box to the 360 box, worse thing I ever did ,nowlocked in for 18 months

what a backward  step by virgin constant lip sync problems programmes failing to record, no series link 

Are you using a soundbar or the TV speakers. Any particular programmes not recording. Series link does exist if you mean there is no 'new only' option have you tried the Advanced options when setting a series link.

remote control is awful even though it has option for voice command,

Personally I preferred the shape of the tivo remote but there are many who disagree with me, I would also swap the position of mute button.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kelfred wrote:

programmes failing to record, no series link

Can you expand on these, with specifics?

360 is different to TiVo, and series links are where TiVo does have more options.

But... 360 SL's should work when they're set.

P.S...  better to start your own thread, I've done it for you here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Morning

no not using sound bar and have been in settings for audio video pairing, but still happens far to often  , I find that turning off box and turning on again does the trick, but why should I have to do this as I’ve already stated. This is an inferior box to the old tv box never had this problem, 

regarding series link can’t see an option for new only , it also doesn’t tell you when it’s a new series ( old TiVo box did) if you look when a particular programme was first shown it will say the year , old TiVo box would give you day and month , guess what I’m saying is this a is a cheap box  rolled out by virgin

sorry to moan so much but I can list lots more of what’s wrong with this box 

thanks for showing interest

regards

On the programme schedule listing the 360 box doesn’t tell you if a programme is  a new series old TiVo box did,  when looking at  the info of a programme 360 box will tell you the year only when it was first shown old TiVo box gave you the month and the  day month and year , there was also a different list for your series links , not so on this inferior 360 box  

does anyone really think this box is an improvement ???

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kelfred wrote:

On the programme schedule listing the 360 box doesn’t tell you if a programme is  a new series old TiVo box did,  when looking at  the info of a programme 360 box will tell you the year only when it was first shown old TiVo box gave you the month and the  day month and year , there was also a different list for your series links , not so on this inferior 360 box  

Series-links & EPG metadata is indeed an area where TiVo/V6 has more functionality than 360, and I doubt anyone would claim the opposite. 360 is different to TiVo-software in the same way that iOS is different to Android. Everyone will have their preferences.

Conversions to 360 are entirely voluntary, and if you use some of the extra SL functionality of TiVo/V6, that's something to bear in mind before choosing to do the one-way migration.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your comments, just wondered what you meant by “ conversion to 360 box are entirely voluntary” , if you meant I had choice to go back Im afraid that was denied to me I called customer services within an hour of the 360 box being installed and i was informed that I could not revert back to TiVo box as they were no longer being issued 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I meant that no existing customers are being forced to migrate to 360, it's not compulsory and entirely your choice.

TiVo boxes are still being installed for TV-only customers, but V6 is no longer available except for swaps from TiVo. All new customers who take VM broadband get 360. And there's no facility to revert back to TiVo/V6 once you've chosen to migrate.

roy247
Community elder

@Kelfred wrote:

no not using sound bar and have been in settings for audio video pairing, but still happens far to often  , I find that turning off box and turning on again does the trick, but why should I have to do this as I’ve already stated. This is an inferior box to the old tv box never had this problem, 

If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people. I know you shouldn't have to do this but if it fixes the problem it's better than watching with the lyp sync issues.

regarding series link can’t see an option for new only , it also doesn’t tell you when it’s a new series ( old TiVo box did) if you look when a particular programme was first shown it will say the year , old TiVo box would give you day and month , guess what I’m saying is this a is a cheap box  rolled out by virgin

No 'new only' option but from the advanced options you can select from this episode and onwards, or from seres x and onwards.