cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio (for thos who hadn't realised)

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

It's only dawned on me recently that quite apart from the various Radio Apps the easiest and generally best way to access any of the 38 radio stations on offer is to simply press the mcriphone button and say 'Radio' - or even BBC Radio 3' or whatever station you want to listend to.

This is not or does not appear as an app and so some of you may have missed it but it's incredibly easy to navigate and switch between stations. I don't think there's any way into it other than by using the microphone but that isn't really a problem at all since it works so well.

Hope that helps a few of you find a quick and easy route through to the radio stations and one that is not, as far as I can see, listed as an app.

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi brightonjohn,

That's a good tip for those who aren't aware where to find the radio stations.

The radio stations don't appear in the EPG, however you can also press the Home button on the remote and highlight guide the link to the radio stations is in the bottom right hand corner.

If you want to tune into other radio stations use either the BBC Sounds  or for a far greater selection the RadioLine app.

There are lot's of other tips on the following page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

I also noticed yesterday that the Sounds App seems to have been up graded so that on the Virgin (and Fire TV sticks) the options to rewind, forward wind, go back to start and go straight to live. Just like the iPhone/iPad. I'm sure they weren't there before!!

Hi @brightonjohn, thanks a lot for your follow-up post.

That's great news that the Sounds App appears easier to navigate on Virgin Media services, hope you're enjoying the service and please let us know if you need any fyrther support.

Many thanks

Tom_W