Menu
pepster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Questions about v360 before upgrade

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about the v360 before I go ahead and upgrade...

• Can you stream live TV channels from the v360 box to an iPad?  I sometimes want to watch the MTV music channels via the iPad which I can stream via Tivo, even though they're not available to stream via VirginTV Go.
  • Similar to the above question, but how easy it is to view recordings on the on the iPad and can you do this for all channels?
  • I have seen you can stream out of the home, what can you stream from the v360 box?  (e.g. recordings, live TV from the v360)
  • Can you download recordings from the v360 box to the iPad?
  • How are you getting on without All4?

I'd be really grateful if anyone who has a v360 could give this info.

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Questions about v360 before upgrade

The functions available through the Virgin TV Go app and the Virgin TV Control app for V6 users are exactly the same for TV 360 customers but through a single Virgin TV Go app.

Recordings are only available to stream while at home on the same network as the TV 360 but some can be downloaded for offline watching.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pepster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So, for example using the Virgin TV go app can I stream MTV Classic from the Virgin V360 to my iPad?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@pepster wrote:

So, for example using the Virgin TV go app can I stream MTV Classic from the Virgin V360 to my iPad?

If you have recorded something on MTV classic then yes you should be able to stream it to the iPad but you are correct in saying it’s not available on TV Go, but obviously that’s the same as with V6. 

pepster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

With the TV control App with Tivo it is slightly different, if the channel isn't available to stream via Virgin TV Go, you can still stream the channel when on the same WiFi network as it plays directly from the v6 box, that is what i am trying to establish if that functionality is available on the v360/Virgin TV go app combination?

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV Control streams recordings from My Shows not Live TV. It does allow a 'Record and Watch' option is real time streaming of the recordings.

TV Go allows recording streaming from a 360 box in addition to Live TV and On Demand.

However what you can stream from recordings from 360 is set by the broadcaster same as any other content available in TV Go. The same is true for what you can stream from My Shows on TV Control - which channels allow it is a broadcaster choice.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
pepster
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks for your replies, I feel I have the answer I need 🙂

0 Kudos