Menu
bigdaveysjcb
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Queries about UHD resolution on the 360 box?

I have an issue when watching either of the UHD channels (Ultimate and BT Sports) my TV is not indicating that I am watching either 4K or UHD resolution. For example when I watch a programme on Netflix at UHD resolution the TV indicates to me that I am watching this resolution. So my question is this normal? Are the channels and the content native UHD/4K resolution? Is something not switched on at the VM side which is preventing these channels and content from being broadcast in UHD? My TV is a Samsung Q90R 4K TV. Can anybody please assist me? Also I am watching 4K content from both Netflix and Prime apps on the 360 box successfully. Although intermittently the resolution on this in the main Netflix menu goes from stating 4K to HD on individual programmes. I have had to reset box and then the resolution appears as 4K again on Netflix app on the 360. Are these issues something anybody else has encountered? Contacting Virgin is a waste of time they haven’t a clue what I am going on about. Many Thanks Paul

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Queries about UHD resolution on the 360 box?

Good morning @bigdaceysjcb 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your post.

Are you able to clarify a little  on what the current issue is that you are facing? 

All the content on BT sport is HD but not UHD/4k. The only sports channel that is able to provide UHD/4k is BT sport ultimate. 

Currently the only other content that we provide UHD.4k is some sky movies.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
TALON1973
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

.@bigdaveysjcb

As has been posted previously, I can confirm that the only sports channel with virgin in a 4k resolution is bt  sports ultimate. As it doesn’t have hdr it won’t trigger the logo pop up on your tv.

ironically you can get bt sports in hdr via a games console. But as virgin currently don’t allow logins on consoles for bt sports you can’t get it .

0 Kudos
bigdaveysjcb
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all of the help I genuinely think I am getting confused between UHD and HDR 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem @bigdaveysjcb. We are happy to help.

You can find out more about this here  https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/watch-sky-box-sets-and-sky-cinema-in-uhd...

You may also find the following useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-watching-4k-ultra-hd-content

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos