cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchases Restricted

Miller83
Tuning in

Hi all,

Hoping someone may be able to help here. About 6 months ago I got upgraded to the 360 box. Since then I have been unable to purchase anything such as films from the store or PPV boxing events. I’ve attached a picture of the error message I get.

I first thought this was going to be simple, call virgin, remove restriction, job done, but no. I called virgin, I was assured there was no account restrictions and it was part of an issue at that time that would be resolved soon. I tried again a few weeks later, no luck, same message. Called virgin again, similar response but turn everything off, unplug the lot, put it back together, give it all time to sort itself out, try again; it should work now. So I tried again but still same error. Called them again but just seem to be going round in circles, getting nowhere. 
It would be great to know if anyone has had a similar problem to me and how they resolved it?

Many thanks

1BDF67CB-F730-4DE5-BBB2-83E794A418F6.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Miller83,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with our Pay per view services. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Does this occur with a range of different films? Does this occur on all your set-top boxes? You may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-watch-pay-per-view

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It happens on all films. It happens on all PPV events and happens on both my boxes.

It let’s me put my pin in and then says ‘Purchases restricted’

Hope this helps, thanks.

Thanks Miller83, 

So I can help with this I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Hi was there a resolution to this problem in the end I’m having the same issue and have been since November/December 22 yet virgin customer service do not seem to be able to help! 

Please help 

Hi,

Yes I got it resolved. Alex_RM from the forum team on here looked into my account and found a block. Don’t ask me why when you call the virgin media helpline they couldn’t see what Alex could. But either way, it’s now sorted.

Hope one of the team from here can resolve yours for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jessjay91, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing similar issues with your purchases, we will be able to help. 

I will just need to take some account details so I will pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Avfclee85
Joining in

Hi there i am also having this trouble and would really appreciate some help

Hello Avfclee85

Apologies for the service issues experienced in regards to making purchases via your set top box. We appreciate the frustration this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums, welcome to the community.

We're happy to look into this further for you, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details form you to look into this further. Out of interest, do you have more than one set top box? If so, does this effect both boxes?

Rob

Meads_97
Joining in

I’m having the same issue and no help over the phone from customer services 🙄