cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projector question

Dereklad
Fibre optic

Quick question ive got a cinema screen and projector in my bedroom.

could a 360 mini box be mounted in the loft above or does it have to be in direct line with the remote to work.

and how much for an extra box.

ive allready got 360 main and mini box in

my brothers bedroom.

i was after the new stream box but i cant have 1.

D164C222-16F1-4B00-9492-C33247C2ED01.jpeg

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..
3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A third 360 box would be an extra £5 a month subscription.

Info from https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/set-top-box-and-apps 

The Legal Stuff > TV

Existing customers adding TV: £30 network installation fee where QuickStart is unavailable. £10 monthly recurring service extension fee for the first additional box plus £5 monthly recurring service extension fee for any further boxes.

Even if you have an existing 3rd VM coaxial point where you want the additional box you will probably need a tech visit (cost £30, plus the activation fee for the extra box) so they can check the signal levels.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dereklad
Fibre optic

Quick question do they do a self install on the mini box and how much cable does it come with..

also my brother in the other bedroom from me has a mini box..cound i loop it off that,like plug into the back of his box,then into my loft to my box..

i used to be an electrician,im thinking like ring  mains and radial circuits duuuhh..

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..

Hi @Dereklad thanks for your post here in the Community.

As @newapollo has mentioned, a third outlet would be £5 per month extra but would be subject to the technician charges due to us sending those out for install, to check signal levels to the box itself.

I don't believe we've answered your question regarding the line of sight to the box though, and in this case yes, in order for the remote to work - yes this would be required for it to work.

Unfortunately, you can't tether the second mini box to the third so to speak, they would need their own individual connections via to the Virgin Media coax wall socket.

In terms of cable, it depends what kind of cable you mean but generally, it's quite standardised sizing but we can make lengthier ones if required but with your further questions, it would make sense for the technician to help get this installed for you, even though you do appear very confident in this field.

I'd advise calling the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to get this booked in for you if that's what you require.

Many thanks

Tom_W