cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile channels moving

HobGoblyn
On our wavelength

Hi

I thought the idea of profiles was that I could set channels up as I want.

It’s getting really annoying when channels move.

Sky News was 115 in my list, so I pressed the guide  button, typed 115 and have the news.

Then it moved to 114.

Now it’s at 112.  

I understand why, I presume it’s because Sky has removed 3 channels that were in my profile at a lower channel number.

As profiles don’t allow unused channel numbers, if say the channel I had at  110 is removed from Sky, what I had at 111 now becomes 110 etc.

This becomes frustrating, May I suggest they implement something to stop this happening

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect you are not using the profile function correctly.

When you choose and order your channels, they start consecutively from 1 then 2 then 3……

Of course, you also have to change to the profile, using the button on the right side of the remote.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HobGoblyn
On our wavelength

I’m using it correctly and have my profile selected.

The problem is, when virgin remove channels that are in my profile, as they are consecutive, if they remove say whatever channel I had at 100, all the channels above channel 100, move down one number.

So what was 101 becomes 100, what was channel 102 becomes channel 101 etc.

I understand why it’s happening, I just wish they would implement something to stop it (allowing us to have gaps in the profiles channel numbers)

Like it said in the original reply - profiles start at channel 001.

If your list starts at 100 then it looks as if you still have 'All Channels' set in the guide and not 'My Channels'.

I have just five channels in 'My Profile' numbered 1 to 5  -  set from 'Settings -> Profiles -> Manager Channels'.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

HobGoblyn
On our wavelength

Sorry, I’m not making myself very clear.

I set my profile up to have channels in the order I want, which is most channels except Welsh language, shopping, religious, adult etc and channels I’m not subbed to,

My profile starts at channel 1 and goes to channel 136. I have the plus 1 channels followed by the various news channels at the end of my profile.

Obviously I don’t need the plus 1 channels all that often, but I do watch Sky news a lot, hence I remembered I had put it in channel 115 so I can simply press 115 to get there.

My example using channel 100 was to describe what’s going on, I understand why it’s doing this as Ernie_C says, they go consecutively from 1 upwards.

So what was in channel 115 has now moved twice and is currently in 112. It’s no big deal. I was suggesting that maybe Virgin could  alter the way profiles work to allow blank channel numbers so should they remove a channel, if people have profiles that have channels higher than the one Virgin remove, the channels stays where they were.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @HobGoblyn 

You can edit the channel order, re-allocating channels numbers so that a particular favourite retains it's preferred numbered slot. It will involve either promoting or demoting existing channels, or adding new channels as fillers. 

Go to Settings > Profiles > Manage Channels > 

make sure the channel you wish to move is highlighted in red (and NOT the delete icon) then press OK and move the channel up or down to it's preferred slot. Once happy with the new line-up press Confirm to save the changes. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

If you follow the steps outlined in newapollo's post this will help with your channel query. There is help here for TV360 but if you do have any further questions or queries, please feel free to post them here 🙂

Rob