Menu
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems with box since software upgrade to 4.29

I have a V6 box upgraded to the TV360 software, it was ok to start with but now since the software update to 4.29, practically every time I switch my box on from standby it’s as if I have switched it off from the mains, I get the welcome screen then the please wait screen, then it just repeats it again and sometimes 3 times, then it goes back into standby and I have to then switch it on again.  I have only had the box since December 2019, and was ok whilst on TiVo software.   I am just worried that one day I will switch it on and it will do the cycle and then not come on at all.

any1 else had this problem and if so did they find a solution.

0 Kudos
awmaines
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with box since software upgrade to 4.29

Check the power save settings and perhaps change to “Fast start”. They seem to have implemented the power saving modes in the latest software build. If you are in “Eco” mode, the power switch light (blue) will to out when you go into standby.

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have it on active start as it has been since I updated the software from TiVo to 360,

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

not had your problem but to me it sounds like the box, (possibly hard drive), is on it's way out. If you are getting glitching or juddering also, whatever you want to call it when watching recordings then I would be thinking hard drive.

Sounds like you may need to make the dreaded phone call to report it.

0 Kudos
jimboy56
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had this two nights running, I just looked and it looked like it happened again, so I held down the On/Off button, on the box not the remote, for about 10 seconds and it came on straight away (it didn't reboot with the 'Welcome' screen) - looks like it puts itself to sleep. I haven't tried with the remote other than a brief button press that didn't work.

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm still doing it, maybe a chat to VM is in order

0 Kudos