cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 360 box

Whitesmith1975
Tuning in

Hi

Any one having problems watching watching recorded programmes?

An engineer has already visited and changed the box but still come up either code CS   or the box is offline despite being connected through ethernet cable.

We have had nothing but issues since we got a wifi speed upgrade.

Hope someone can help? Wonder if it could be the HUB

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you watching on the same box as the programme was recorded? Or trying to stream between two boxes? The two scenarios would suggest different problems.

If the latter, are both boxes set to Fast Start/Active Start? You've mentioned CS codes, but not what the specific code(s) is/are...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Yes I am trying to watch on the same box recorded.

The Cs code is number Cs2217.

I have done the diagnostic and all seems to be working as it should but it is the same codes that came up before they changed the box, could it be a new hub needed?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're trying to watch on the same box as the recording is on, the Hub isn't involved.

Is this on all recordings or just particular ones?

You've not mentioned live TV issues so I'll assume that's good. Do you have any problems when you pause live TV and watch it delayed by perhaps 30 seconds?

Unfortunately Error code help for this code isn't very forthcoming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It is not all recorded programmes just some of them, includes programmes from gold, sky one and channel 5 to name just a few of those tried  play back and pause seem fine, it's just frustrating same issue despite a replacement box and engineer visit.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Might be worth checking new recordings, to see whether there may have been an historic issue, or if new ones are also affected. C5 & Sky One are available in SD & HD - are both affected?

Just to rule out another possibility - do you have a mini-box? I'm only asking because they don't have hard drives of their own, and any recordings you set on those, are actually recorded on the master box. All playback is then streamed.

Hi

All programmes are playing on the mini box, the programmes that dont work on the main box all play on mini box.

They are SD & HD that wont play on the main box but same play on mini.

There is no difference is new or historic programmes on main box

Hi @Whitesmith1975,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Checking the box stats, it's currently showing as unreachable. Can you please reboot the box so it's online and let us know so we can run through diagnostics this end?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I am not at home until later on today, will let you know once it's done.

Or will ask my wife if she is in 

Hi

The box has been rebooted and is plugged in by ethernet cable