Menu
terragmada
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Problems with 360 box and Virgin CS

Been told by Virgin Media Facebook team to post on here 

Virgin Media the problem is as follows
1. Your engineer was booked to fit a new box between 1-6pm Tue 27th and just didnt turn up, you are after all a communications company but couldn't communicate to your customer.
2. The 360 box changes channel on its own. For example we will be watching a recording playback, there was a brief message we think "Transferring to live TV" and the box switches to whatever channel was last being watched.
3. The slot that the ethernet cable plugs into is damaged and the ethernet cable keeps coming out stopping the 360 box from working.
4. The original remote supplied was faulty had a new one delivered.
5. The old remote worked our JVC TV, the new one doesn't?
6. Was promised a 3rd replacement handset, still awaiting its arrival
7. No one is telling us what is happening or when the problem will be fixed
8. Why can you not post a new box out and I will return the faulty one?
9. I've probably spent 6 hours on the phone to your CS with issues since your equipment was installed.

10. We were lied to by your sales person who got us to take out a contract with Virgin, as the service promised has not materialised, in addition we were specific in the type of channels we needed and watched, and dont appear to have got them. When we talk to CS they say they cannot help.?
We were told fibre was available and installation would be 25 February, then put back to 1st March it was finally installed 7th April.

I have a couple more issues
1. Why is all your equipment black but all your cables are white?
2. Why havnt you developed a power supply that services both Hub and TV box? We have two power boxes, have to have two plugs?

The new 360 box has far less options with regards to finding future recording options for programmes and films, it's not user friendly at all. Wish we had a V6
There is no manual with the equipment and no system user guide.

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with 360 box and Virgin CS

@terragmada wrote:

Been told by Virgin Media Facebook team to post on here 

Virgin Media the problem is as follows
1. Your engineer was booked to fit a new box between 1-6pm Tue 27th and just didnt turn up, you are after all a communications company but couldn't communicate to your customer.
2. The 360 box changes channel on its own. For example we will be watching a recording playback, there was a brief message we think "Transferring to live TV" and the box switches to whatever channel was last being watched.
3. The slot that the ethernet cable plugs into is damaged and the ethernet cable keeps coming out stopping the 360 box from working.
4. The original remote supplied was faulty had a new one delivered.
5. The old remote worked our JVC TV, the new one doesn't?
6. Was promised a 3rd replacement handset, still awaiting its arrival
7. No one is telling us what is happening or when the problem will be fixed
8. Why can you not post a new box out and I will return the faulty one?
9. I've probably spent 6 hours on the phone to your CS with issues since your equipment was installed.

10. We were lied to by your sales person who got us to take out a contract with Virgin, as the service promised has not materialised, in addition we were specific in the type of channels we needed and watched, and dont appear to have got them. When we talk to CS they say they cannot help.?
We were told fibre was available and installation would be 25 February, then put back to 1st March it was finally installed 7th April.

I have a couple more issues
1. Why is all your equipment black but all your cables are white?
2. Why havnt you developed a power supply that services both Hub and TV box? We have two power boxes, have to have two plugs?

The new 360 box has far less options with regards to finding future recording options for programmes and films, it's not user friendly at all. Wish we had a V6
There is no manual with the equipment and no system user guide.

Just a typical day in Virgin customer service land I'm afraid. No doubt you've been told someone will call you back. Trust me, they wont. That said amongst your litany of issues, you sure have a couple of curious ones. Not sure why you you'd think your router and 360 box would share a plug or how that'd work and what do you mean by fibre was promised? Virgin only use their own cabling so there is no upgrade to fibre to be considered. As for not receiving th eTV channels you wanted, what package are you on, what channels are you not getting?

0 Kudos
terragmada
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ethernet cable connects between hub and 360 box  when it comes loose functionality of 360 box is compromised

And why couldn't both boxes share a power supply ?

Fibre is installed and operated by BT Openreach it's not Vigins

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@terragmada wrote:

Ethernet cable connects between hub and 360 box  when it comes loose functionality of 360 box is compromised

And why couldn't both boxes share a power supply ?

Fibre is installed and operated by BT Openreach it's not Vigins

Sorry, I'm confused. Who is your broadband provider? If it's Virgin, it's most definitely not coming down an openreach line.

0 Kudos
terragmada
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

So I imagined BT Openreach digging up the road outside my house. I also imagined watching BT Openreach running the cable to outside my house. The virgin engineers connected that cable to my house. But can guarantee that the fibre cable that leads to outside my house was installed byvBT Openreach 

And unless you are going to offer some positive helpful advice please do not comment again. Thanks Adam 

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@terragmada wrote:

So I imagined BT Openreach digging up the road outside my house. I also imagined watching BT Openreach running the cable to outside my house. The virgin engineers connected that cable to my house. But can guarantee that the fibre cable that leads to outside my house was installed byvBT Openreach 

And unless you are going to offer some positive helpful advice please do not comment again. Thanks Adam 

I have no idea why you are being so aggressive. I was simply trying to assist you. Someone else will come along soon and confirm that I am correct.

0 Kudos
roy247
Rising star
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

BT have been coming round taking pictures of phone line entry points and running fibre cable recently but Virgin beat them to it years ago, so if your road / street / avenue is like mine then maybe Virgin just used their own cable, I don't think Virgin have an agreement to piggyback on BT's cable because if there is a problem whose problem is it.

Like the idea about the power supply with twin outputs if both devices operate on the same voltage.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I believe Virgin Media use Openreach ducting in some areas but I’m fairly sure the infrastructure is still separate.

If you have Virgin Media TV, you must have Virgin Media broadband.

It is the OP that has associated two separate issues (Openreach doing something and Virgin Media doing something) together. There is no relevant connection between the two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
terragmada
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Not aggressive you just keep bleating on about what I am wrong about. I can assure you the network cable was installed by BT Openreach,  I watched them do it. 

Give me some advice or help rather than keep boring me with inaccurate comments

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

BT Openreach would not have installed a Virgin Media broadband connection. Of that I'm sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos