Menu
Briantv
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Poor picture on 360 box

I have just bought a 4K tv and have recently just had virgin 360 box installed, but the picture is crap and very blurry. Can someone help please? 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor picture on 360 box

Try adjusting the display setting to 4k and see if that makes a difference. My picture quality has improved since upgrading from V6 to TV 360.

0 Kudos
Briantv
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve done that but picture still isn’t great, when I’m watching Netflix or prime the picture is perfect but when watching virgin it’s just not great 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you using a HDMI 2.1 cable as it might help if you are it maybe a signal problem you might need to call CS

0 Kudos
Briantv
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I’m using an HDMI cable that virgin media supplied, their engineer installed the box but they never checked the picture quality, are they suppose to? 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1st question is, is it all channels, you could try the frame rate setting. Also if you have Netflix are those pictures OK.

0 Kudos
Briantv
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have changed the frame rate settings but no change, the HD channels are perfect but it’s just the non HD channels that are poor. I still don’t think it should be this way, and Netflix is fine the picture is brilliant  

0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mate any decent 4K tv will show up sd channels that’s why nobody watches them these days there’s nothing wrong it’s just low bitrate rubbish 

bolgerp
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would agree with Treble. When I got my lovely 4K telly, it really showed the difference in quality between HD and SD tv channels. SD channels don’t upscale terribly well either.

I find myself watching less and less SD content these days. If there’s no HD option for a channel, and there’s something in particular you want to watch, it’s worth doing a search to see if there’s a box set or catch up version which might be available in HD. 

0 Kudos