Menu
Ndhack1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Playback of recordings freezes

We have a new single v360 box plugged directly into our router. Playback of recorded TV often freezes or frequently skips a few seconds and is on the verge of being unwatchable.

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playback of recordings freezes

If live TV, on demand and catch up TV all work OK and it's only recordings then it sounds like you may have a faulty hard drive. If you watch something for a few minutes and record it at the same time, if the recording is freezing and the live broadcast was OK that would be a good test to see if the hard drive is faulty.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ndhack1980

Can you reboot both the hub and the box for me and let me know how you get on please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ndhack1980
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This hasn't helped. Watching back of 'live recordings' (paused TV) also now glitching.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your only issue is with recorded or paused/delayed content, then the hub reboot wouldn't have had any impact on this.

@roy247is correct, although - if you have a mini box - I would make sure this problem is happening on the main box to eliminate an issue with the streaming.

Live TV comes down the coax, recorded & paused both use your HDD. If both are problematic, there's your issue. It'll be a box replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Ndhack1980,

Have you been able to speak with the team since your post or have you tried the online diagnostics here: http://virg.in/service

If not then I have sent you a private message to confirm your account details. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your messages and clearing data protection, Ndhack1980,

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos