Menu
Lizunay6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Planned recordings gone

Yesterday I set up the new 360, put all my planned recordings and things I wanted to watch and gone on today and they have all disappeared!!!! Not good virgin!!!

Also signal sent to my box without prior warning which then meant I couldn’t finish watching the rest of my shows on old box 

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Planned recordings gone

The signal that got sent to the old box would have been to deactivate it. The signal would have been sent out after the 360 box was activated, so presumably you don't have multi-room. Also if the old box was either a TiVo or a V6 running the TiVo software then hat would also be why the deactivation signal was sent as AFAIK you can't mix and match TiVo with 360

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Planned recordings gone

@Lizunay6 wrote:

Also signal sent to my box without prior warning which then meant I couldn’t finish watching the rest of my shows on old box 

I'm not sure what signal this is, but...

Once you start the process to convert a V6 into a 360, then all the contents of your (formerly) V6 hard drive are wiped and there's no going back. The box is reformatted.

Or unless you had a TiVo, were swapped for a 360 - in which case, once the new box is powered up and connected, that would serve to deactivate the old TiVo.

In either case, when you convert to 360, there should be several points where you're warned all your recordings & SL's are going to be irretrievably lost.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos