cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation of TV Channels - Fault Ref: F010763089

tecky7
On our wavelength

Hi

as a programmer and engineer at the University of Bolton.

All my services are pixilated on all services in the middle of the screen.   At the start of the programme.

EG.  I have record the evidence for the engineer call out on the TiVo 360 box.

Weather its a hard drive fault on the on the TiVo box or a cable fault in my house.

I have a simple file as a test  "a faulty corrupt file on the hard drive"  as a damaged recordings

Any help from the community

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ModTeam

Hi there,

We have been advised an issue relating to recent pixelation of TV channels has now been resolved.

Any customers who are experiencing similar difficulties should open a new thread detailing the issue in order for us to assist you further.

We apologise for any disruption this may have caused.

Best,

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

122 REPLIES 122

ROBCALLY
On our wavelength

Hi I am getting break up on some channels what I have recorded seem more on ITV on Emmerdale recording any ideas please.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Stevef4859
Joining in

Hi

i have had a new tv 360 installed but am getting pixelations for a few seconds and a can’t get channel message for a split second.

I’ve tried rebooting and cables seem secur

When it was installed I asked not to have the white box as I didn’t have room in the living room, would this make a difference and what does the white box do

The white box is just a cover/container for the isolator, nothing magic about it.

I am also getting image break up so you have company 

John

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixelisation of live channels & recordings is normally caused by weak or noisy reception of the broadcast channels. If it is just recordings then this would point to a hard drive fault.

You can either go the telephone route (150 from any VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from others) & follow the prompts for faults, or wait here a couple of days for the forum team to pick up & book a tech visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Also to add, there's no such thing as a TiVo-360. TV360 boxes run Horizon software, TiVo & V6 boxes run TiVo-software - "TiVo 360" is a bit like saying "Apple iPhone running Android".

I'd guess you have a V6 that has been software-converted to a TV360-master - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

You can check for local outages via the automated 0800 5610061 status line. If nothing's reported, then you likely have an individual fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try swapping your 2 boxes around, see if the pixellation (which indicates a signal issue) follows the box move, or remains with the cabling

@jka94036  - Try starting your own thread for your service fault, and others can advise you. Having your own thread means staff may also respond (to you specifically) if you don't resolve it by other means.

Neilmcgroarty
Joining in

I have been having issues with an unwatchable pixelated picture on around 20 channels on my 360 box, I have tried the app, calling virgin and chatting on twitter, I have now been directed here for god only knows what reason. How do I book an engineer to come out and fix my TV, I'm close to cancelling my direct debit as this has been ongoing for over two weeks now and no one seems to want to help 

g0akc
Problem sorter

We’re getting pixelation/picture breakup on live TV.  Not there on Freeview (aerial).  Intermittent.  All channels.

RF cables all tight.  HDMI cable all good. I’m monitoring broadband errors - no post RS errors.

anyone else in Ipswich/Colchester affected?

looks like we’ll need a technician visit….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check local service status 0800 5610061, if nothing's reported call into report your fault.