cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated channels 101 and 106 on both boxes

gbansal
Tuning in

i am getting pixelation on channels 101 and 106. Chanel 101 is showing bits of Chanel 102.

have reset everything twice, checked all the cables, but without success

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gbansal wrote:

If that's the case, then the standard advice to all pixellation queries applies.

There's either an area fault - use 0800 5610061 as already suggested.

If not, the fault is either unreported or is only affecting you - so you'll need to report it. Either by calling in, or waiting on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gbansal 

Sorry to see you are having problems with pixelated channels on both boxes. You've done the correct thing by checking cables are snug and tight. I would also suggest checking externally where the cable comes into the house and also ensure the white coaxial isn't twisted or loose.

Are you in Scotland by any chance?

Channels are grouped together in muxes, rather like they are on Freeview, which doesn't correspond with their EPG placing.

On a 360 BBC One Scotland HD and E4 HD (channels 101 and 106) are grouped in the same mux as the channels shown in the screenshot below. If you are having issues on those channels as well then that would seem to indicate a signal fault, and would require an engineer visit since you are having the same issue on both boxes. 

Have a look at the online  Check Service Status at the top of the page to see if anything is showing there. If nothing there then also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level. If nothing is showing on there either then call in and report the fault, or wait a few days for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up..

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gbansal wrote:

If that's the case, then the standard advice to all pixellation queries applies.

There's either an area fault - use 0800 5610061 as already suggested.

If not, the fault is either unreported or is only affecting you - so you'll need to report it. Either by calling in, or waiting on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks newappollo

I’m  in KT5 area. No local issues are being highlighted.

I’ve tried the connections outside the house. They are snug as well.

i will call in and report it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello gbansal

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the glitchy channels

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

If not, I have sent you a private message to gain account access

Please ignore it if you don't require any assistance

Gareth_L

Thanks for those details 
I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available

There are no online faults showing in the area, so its best that we get some one out 

You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth. As yet, I cannot see any appointment on my account. I suppose it will take some time to come thru. If you can please give the details, I can then add them to my diary.

Best wishes

Hi Gareth

The problem seems to have resolved itself.  I saw a VM van out on the road, so I suppose they did something?

I have cancelled the appointment.

Many thanks for your help.