cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture quality

Chalkster1
Joining in

Hi

My picture quality 7pm onwards is absolutely appalling. Pixilated. My broadband speed is 150mb+ on speed tests. Unwatchable at times and very frustrating paying all this money for poor quality. I've rebooted several times, still same. It's on just about every channel same issue.

10 REPLIES 10

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chalkster1

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you. I have checked our system and can't see any reason for this issue. 

Please can you try these troubleshooting steps and let me know, if any has helped at all. 

Is the issue only on Live TV? Do you have any issues on your recordings or watching OnDemand and streaming apps?

If it's on Live TV only, can you advise what channels you have noticed this on and if they are either SD or HD channels?

If both are affected, please go to your settings menu and ensure the picture resolution is set to 'Automatic'

Is your set top box plugged straight into your TV? If so, please confirm that the cable is securely connected to both the set top box and the TV - disconnect and reconnect the cable to be sure.

Please also try connecting the cable to a different port on the TV and using a different cable if the picture is still pixelated. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley