cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Quality/TV signal - fair

Nova1989
Up to speed

I'm having constant issues with the picture quality looking really bad when the signal quality drops to showing as 'fair'. It's been happening an awful lot lately in area 21 and across all channels. (SE21)

Internet has been running perfect though at full speed, no issues.

Anyone else having similar problems?

1640052009145.jpg

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 1GIG
10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nova1989 

The BQM looks fien so it's either a box issue or a signal problem.

Double check all of your connections are snug and tight, especially the white coaxial cable.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Afternoon,

It's happening on both boxes. I had the issue a couple months back but had seemed to of been fixed but now it's back. Who do I contact?

Thanks

Virgin on 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.Regards Micky

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Nova1989 

Call the automated  Service Status number  0800 561 0061 in case it's a known fault.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing is showing then call Faults ( as per @LittleMick73 ) .

You will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Nova1989, 

Thanks for your post apologies to hear you're having an issue with your picture quality on both boxes. 

I've not been able to run checks on your boxes as they are showing as offline. Do you currently have them turned off? 

If so can you please turn them back on, and leave on. Post here to let us know and then leave the boxes on until we reply to you. This will allow us to run the relevant checks and we can then go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Merry Christmas,

Both 360 main and mini boxes are always on and connected but in tests says offline for some reason at times?

I'm not expecting anyone on here to be working but will update.

I contacted virgin technical support by chance yesterday and told them of my signal problems with regards to TV. It was like hitting my head against a brick wall, I was asked if I've changed HDMI or picture settings; with them not understanding it was a signal to the box issue.

Can anyone on here raise the issue please or get me through getting a cancellation.

Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nova1989 

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

If you haven't done so already then try setting the option to fast Start and see if that helps.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Nova1989

How are things looking now with the boxes 

Did you manage to follow the advice above 

Gareth_L

Hi all,

Hope you all had a great Christmas. I followed all above but unfortunately still in the same boat with certain channels on the same frequencies displaying bad quality images on signal quality of 'fair'.

I got through to technical support but it was like banging my head against a brick wall. I was trying to explain about the channels being on the same streams but they were asking if I can change HDMI or picture settings not understanding it's a Virgin issue. 😫

Its beyond frustrating and now just counting down the days until I can get out of my contract.