cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalties? Extra Time?

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

With the Women's World Cup now almost at an end, perhaps Virgin's development team can think a bit more about the advanced recording options, specifically the added time at the end of a program

The maximum time you can add is 30 minutes at the end of a program, the same amount of time that Extra Time takes, without the 4 or 5 minutes it takes between the end of full time and the extra time half time.

What this means is that you could quite easily miss a crucial goal and not to mention the whole of the penalty shoot-out. I mean who would want to miss the 7-6 win for Australia over France? Well, obviously those who don't like or follow Women's football but certainly not me. However, I did because of this lack of additional time with it being maxed at 30 minutes.

With Sky (sorry), you can set up to 2 hours and it even warns you if you set a recording for a LIVE event without adding additional time.

May I request that this gets looked at before the next major LIVE sporting event?

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I must be wrong that you can add an hour then?

IMG_2376.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I must be wrong that you can add an hour then?

IMG_2376.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

LOL. I've just looked again after your post, and mine has changed to 3 hours!

Has there been an update recently?

Thanks for your post!

I guess this can be marked as SOLVED now.

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris,

Long time no speak, hope you are keeping well.

it's been there since the 360 first came out as far as I can remember, it certainly isn't a recent addition. 

You could also set up a series recording for say Live Saturday Night  Football on Sky Sports and/or BT Sports and set the additional time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I agree with newapollo the 3 hour option has always been there when using the advanced options on the 360 box, Ernie_C's example is when using the TVGO app, there must be a logical explanation why the app isn't the same as the box. 🤔