cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount+

Unknown67
Up to speed

Is this service coming to the 360? Apparently it's free if you subscribe to Sky Cinema.

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

annorax
Superfast

@Unknown67 wrote:

Is this service coming to the 360? Apparently it's free if you subscribe to Sky Cinema.

It will depend on what the contract is beween Sky and Paramount+.

Discovery+ was exclusive to Sky for about a year and that contract ended at the end of last year.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

oxfordmark
Superfast

Probably for Sky customers.

Does this mean On-demand content currently available, like Paw Patrol will only be available via Paramount+ or still via Nickelodeon/Ch5?

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Unknown67,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry but we dont have any information about Paramount + being made available on our 360 boxes, if we do have any futher updates they will be shown here.

Regards,

Steven_L

@oxfordmark wrote:

Probably for Sky customers.

Does this mean On-demand content currently available, like Paw Patrol will only be available via Paramount+ or still via Nickelodeon/Ch5?

That'll be up to the parent company of Channel 5 as it's the same company that operates the Paramount+ app.

annorax
Superfast

@Unknown67 wrote:

It will depend on what the contract is beween Sky and Paramount+.

Discovery+ was exclusive to Sky for about a year and that contract ended at the end of last year.

From my understanding, the free offer for sky cinema subscribers is only valid if you subscribe to sky cinema directly through Sky or NOW (as opposed to through virgin or bt)

The good news is anyone will be able to subscribe to paramount+ directly through the  website or app that will be avaliable on a range of devices like fire TV, Google, apple, and roku

I doubt Virgin have is any rush to add it directly to their boxes based on there track record so far. Broadband seems to be more their priority these days.... 

I don't think even NOW customers will get it free. Everyone will have access but only Sky Cinema customers direct to Sky will get it included.

To get it on VirginMedia boxes - Paramount+ have to add it.

@adhiren wrote:

From my understanding, the free offer for sky cinema subscribers is only valid if you subscribe to sky cinema directly through Sky or NOW (as opposed to through virgin or bt)

The good news is anyone will be able to subscribe to paramount+ directly through the  website or app that will be avaliable on a range of devices like fire TV, Google, apple, and roku

I doubt Virgin have is any rush to add it directly to their boxes based on there track record so far. Broadband seems to be more their priority these days.... 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

We currently have no update about Paramount + on our TV boxes.  When we do have any update on Paramount + this will be released via the link already provided. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

crazygoog
Dialled in

So sorry if it's already been asked, but does anyone know if there are plans to launch a Paramount+ app on the Virgin platform please?

Cheers

I expect it will come next year on the 360 and Stream boxes as I suspect that Sky has a one-year exclusive deal amongst the Pay TV providers. If you cannot wait the app is available on devices such as my Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection