cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount plus

DaveM6
Tuning in

I’ve seen all the posts about Virgin Media including Paramount+ with Sky Cinema in 2023. I see that they are now advertising this but as an existing Sky Cinema user I can’t figure out how I access it through my V6 box. Hopefully they are not forgetting their loyal customers. First level customer services couldn’t figure it out either and it’s been passed up the line. Any advice on how to access Paramount+ through my V6 box would be appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17

Portery
Fibre optic

Paramount plus and Pluto tv  will only be available on the tv360 only 

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/paramount-and-virgin-media-agree-new-multi-year-distribution-partne...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveM6 wrote:

I’ve seen all the posts about Virgin Media including Paramount+ with Sky Cinema in 2023.

VM aren't including Paramount + with Sky Cinema.  Sky themselves have done that from the outset of them agreeing a deal with Paramount,  but nothing has been mentioned regading the same with VM.

I see that they are now advertising this but as an existing Sky Cinema user I can’t figure out how I access it through my V6 box.

Where have you seen this advertised?

Hopefully they are not forgetting their loyal customers. First level customer services couldn’t figure it out either and it’s been passed up the line. Any advice on how to access Paramount+ through my V6 box would be appreciated.

Paramount Plus won't be available on VM until later this year. VMO2 announced it on their news page on November 2nd 2022.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/paramount-and-virgin-media-agree-new-multi-year-distribution-partne... 

It also includes the Pluto app being added to the 360 and Stream boxes, and a special FAST section being added to the EPG for the Pluto channels. 

You can however access Paramount+ via the  Amazon Prime app if you have a Prime subscription, otherwise see this page 

https://support.paramountplus.com/s/article/PI-On-which-devices-can-I-watch-Paramount?l 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your response. Virgin Media emailed me today and offered me an upgrade to Sky Cinema for £8/month. They stated that this includes Paramount+. I already have Sky Cinema but only recently added this and was pleased to see the inclusion of Paramount+ in today’s email. It seems I have a TV 360 box.

Thanks for your response. It seems I was upgraded to TV360 a while ago. Virgin Media emailed me today offering Sky Cinema with Paramount+ included. I upgraded to Sky Cinema recently but guess I need access to the Paramount app.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveM6 wrote:

Thanks for your response. It seems I was upgraded to TV360 a while ago. Virgin Media emailed me today offering Sky Cinema with Paramount+ included. I upgraded to Sky Cinema recently but guess I need access to the Paramount app.

Hi again @DaveM6 

Thanks for updating the thread.

That sounds like good news for all those that have been waiting to have the Paramount + app added by VM.

I hadn't heard anything, or seen any recent press releases/stories regarding when it was actually coming until  your post, so it's a helpful pointer for others.

I'm on the Ultimate Volt package which includes Sky Cinema and and I've checked my 360 and there's nothing for it showing under the Apps yet. 

Any chance of showing a screenshot of your email please (with personal info redacted) ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Here’s a screenshot from the web version which has some details.

DaveM6_0-1679948443314.png

Hi @DaveM6,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that there's been some confusion regarding a recent offer email you've received. So that I can look into this and assist you further, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments.

Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ozsat
Superstar

Everywhere I look it says it is only available free for Sky Cinema subscribers with the SkyQ or SkyHD package.

So if it is free on VM too - it isn't be made public knowledge.

Says this on the website too: You won’t be able to get Paramount+ at no extra cost if you have an old Sky Digibox, if you have Sky Cinema through another provider, or if you’re a NOW customer (although some Paramount+ movies will be available on NOW).

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

@DaveM6 wrote:

Thanks for your response. Virgin Media emailed me today and offered me an upgrade to Sky Cinema for £8/month. They stated that this includes Paramount+. I already have Sky Cinema but only recently added this and was pleased to see the inclusion of Paramount+ in today’s email. It seems I have a TV 360 box.

If you've already got Sky Cinema then you've been offered Paramount+ for £8pm, a poor deal as it costs £6.99pm or about £5.83pm if you pay the annual subscription of £69.90.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection