cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Remote to TV

GuyMal
On our wavelength

I have an old Blaupunkt TV and your technician couldn’t pair it with the remote and neither could I. But I could pair it with my old sky remote using a 4 digit code. Is there a way of entering this code manually on the Virgin system?

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

You can't pair to the 360 using a 4 digit code, if you have tried a factory reset of the remote then replacing the batteries has worked for some users you could also try this, press the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.

It might be that your Blaupunkt TV is too old that it won't pair, it's not a big TV brand in the UK when did you buy it.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GuyMal

Sorry to hear of the issues regarding pairing your 360 remote with your new TV, we appreciate the confusion and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As roy247 has advised, the 360 can't be paired using the conventional 4 digit code, were you able to try the work around offered?

Rob

GuyMal
On our wavelength

Hi

I’m afraid Roy’s workaround didn’t work. I removed the batteries from the remote, then replaced them, then tried going through settings on the onscreen menu. Then I tried pressing the button on the front of the Virgin box for 10 seconds - then pressing the 0 and TV buttons on the Virgin remote together for 10 seconds. I did this 4 times, twice starting with the box on and twice starting with it off - and twice each for the 2 buttons on the Virgin remote that have ‘TV’ written on them.

Have I tried everything? Did I ‘factory reset’ the Virgin remote when I took the batteries out, or is there another step I’ve missed?

The telly is very old, but it is a flat screen with HDMI inputs.

roy247
Community elder

I would have thought replacing the batteries would reset the remote but if not;

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

GuyMal
On our wavelength

Thanks Roy

After trying your suggestions yesterday the Virgin box was switched off for a few hours. When we switched it on there was an alert to say “Pairing Successfull”… and it was!

Thanks for all your help.

Guy