cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair 360 Remote

case13
Tuning in

I have just received my 360 remote, setup and software update went swimmingly! Although the remote has automatically paired to my Samsung TV (great) I am looking to set the volume control to control the volume on an external soundbar (Bose Solo 5) that is connected to the TV via optical. One option is to plug the soundbar directly into the V6/360 box but that will mean I won't get sound from the other devices connected to my TV. Alternatively are there codes to allow the v6-->360 box to be controlled by my bose remote, as done previously?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My Bose Solo 5 is directly connected to my TV via optical and it’s volume is controlled by the TV 360 remote.

Have you tried changing the ‘Volume keys control’ setting in Audio & Video settings to the Bose? Mine says ‘Bose amplifier’.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My Bose Solo 5 is directly connected to my TV via optical and it’s volume is controlled by the TV 360 remote.

Have you tried changing the ‘Volume keys control’ setting in Audio & Video settings to the Bose? Mine says ‘Bose amplifier’.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well I'm almost certain that option wasn't there an hour ago! That has worked a treat, thanks!

Hi, I am interested in a solution to a similar problem you were having.  I too have a Bose solo 5 soundbar connected to the TV via optical cable.  I have managed to pair my tv to the 260 remote and also have changed the volume keys to now control the soundbar.  the only thing I can't figure out is how to turn the soundbar on/ off with the 360 remote.  I still have to use the Bose remote for this which is annoying as I still need 2 remotes.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Hi

If you hold down the power button on your Bose remote for 5 seconds it should enable the solo 5 to be automatically powered on when input is detected denoted by an amber light when it’s off/in standby. Will then power on with your tv and virgin box. Only downside is it won’t turn off for a while (can’t remember how long) after turning off your tv and virgin box, but not a massive issue.

cheers

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion and it worked but it was hit and miss, didn't work all the time.

Through a bit more digging I actually managed to do what I really wanted to do initially and that was control the 360 box with my bose remote. If anyone else is having similar problems programming 360 box to bose remote try using code for a 'cisco' device which was 3915.