Menu
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

PC HDMI Cuts out channels

Hi 

with my pc connected via HDMI, 3 or more of my channels show CS2004 code and fail unless I turn my PC off then they are fine,

is there a solution to this problem out there please.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: PC HDMI Cuts out channels

You need to provide more detail on what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to use a PC as a screen for a TV 360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, when Iam watching tv some channels will not work if my pc is turned on, as soon as I turn the PC off the channels come back on. It only happens on 3 or 4 channels but if i am watching something on those channels I cannot have my pc on at the same time.

The PC is connected to Hdmi 2 on my tv purely for when I want the pc on my tv screen, that's all fine and works great but when I put the TV on HDMI 1 Which is my tv360 source I have to turn the pc off for certain channels to work.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It’s very difficult to imagine how a device connected to one HDMI port can affect the operation of a device on another HDMI port.

All I can suggest is to try reviewing each HDMI port’s capabilities. On some TV’s, not all ports are enabled for HDCP 2.2 which is required for TV 360.

Try moving the PC and TV 360 around the available HDMI ports and see if the issue persists.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I will try this at the weekend as my TV is wall mounted and I don't really have the time or energy to play around with it after work LOL.

I only found out it was doing it by accident, one day the message was on TV with error code and my PC needed a restart for updates,

when it went off the TV channel came to life but when it restarted the channel went blank again with the code.

strange one I know lol

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Davebreckie 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV services. 

How are things looking since your post? Have there been any further issues since?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Thank you for your input,

I have no other issuse that I have noticed, just the HDMI problem which I cannot resolve.

I am sure this is not a virgin problem but something with the connection between the HDMI on my PC to my TVI f anyone else has had or is having this same problem I would be greatful for their help. 

I have a Lenovo all in one touch screen PC connected via HDMI to port 2 on a Samsung 55 inch QLED TV (I have tried switching ports but sill the problem is there)

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davebreckie,

Thanks for getting back in touch. It sounds like this is potentially an issue with your third-party equipment, so this isn't something we would be able to advise on. However, I'm sure that some of our Community Members will be able to help you further.

Please let us know if there is anything else you need help with.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davebreckie,

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable with your all in one Lenovo PC?

It's possible the cable shielding isn't working correctly and sending out radio interference.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is something I never tried, I will buy a new cable and give it a go as my PC is so far away from my TV the cable has a joiner that is needed to reach the TV, It may be that a single cable would stop this issue, thank you for your advice.

0 Kudos