cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange light on 360 box, Wi-Fi connection is fine

shirleykitcher1
On our wavelength

Does anyone know why there is an orange light in my 360 box and how can this be fixed as there is no problem with internet connection 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shirleykitcher1 

Do you have any service issues at all with the set top box or is it just the light that concerns you?

If you have no issues, then you need not be concerned with the orange light on your set top box. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shirleykitcher1 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Is the 360 box working at all? If not, are you getting any error messages? 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The 360 box is working fine and there are no error messages 

Thank you for your reply shirleykitcher1.

Does rebooting the box remove the orange light at all? 

The amber light usually shows when the box is powering up. More information can be found here

Thanks,

Nat

No, I have restarted it and the orange light still shows on the box still

Thanks for coming back to us shirleykitcher1, are you still suffering from the same issues at the moment or has it been resolved since your last post?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Same 

Hi shirleykitcher1,

Just to clarify which light is orange is it the one in the picture below or the power light, my power light seems to have an amber tint I think it did use to look whiter before some software upgrade a long time ago. If it's the light in the picture below if I disconnect my ethernet cable this one comes on but it's red.

EHqDUjhWoAEk-Gd.jpg

The power light is orange

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @shirleykitcher1 

I have two main 360  boxes. One of them has a red light, the other has an orange (amber) light.

Neither of the 360 boxes suffer from any issues.  The orange (amber) is just the LED showing it's age, they do tend to change colour, the same with the lights on the hub 3.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali