Menu
Chambers21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Optical HDMI cable

Can anyone tell me if it is worth investing £50 in an optical HDMI cable. I am having on going and so far unresolved problems with picture pixellation and wonder if this may help.

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Optical HDMI cable

Quick answer is no.

You need to describe what problems you are having to get some relevant advice for a fix, if its an input level to your box that's low then changing an hdmi cable won't fix it.

Is the problem with live TV, recordings, streaming, specific channels ? 

The more information you can give will get the best answers.

0 Kudos
Chambers21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The reason I ask is because Virgin engineers have replaced all cabling inside and outside the house (including underground cable to street cabinet) and installed new 360 box with approved Virgin HDMI cable and the problem is still happening. Even tried using a different TV without success so I was wondering if something could be interfering with the tv signal. No problem at all with broadband.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chambers21,

Did you use the same HDMI cable with the other TV?

Try the HDMI cable from the other TV if you know it's HDCP compliant and see if that makes any difference.

Also try different HDMI ports on the TV.

Is anything else connected to the TV that may be causing interference? It's possible that other equipment has a faulty HDMI lead that is causing radio interference issues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Chambers21
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding newapollo. I tried the new Virgin HDMI cable in all 4 ports on my main television (LG) and both ports on the second set (Sony Bravia) but same result. No other HDMI cables are connected.

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any problem viewing on demand services such as iPlayer, because they use the internet connection and if these are ok then it's something to do with your live TV signals to the 360. This would also rule out the TV and HDMI lead I would have thought.

0 Kudos
Chambers21
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All streaming services (iplayer, Netflix and Prime Video) play without pixellation. I even bought an Amazon Fire stick and have no problems with that. Engineers have tested signal strength and say there are no problems with it.

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It has been known, I say that as it's only what I have read on some other posts, that the engineer has a test TV on his van, so if he connected that to the 360 box and could see the problem then he knows it's a virgin problem that has to be resolved.

0 Kudos