Menu
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Open source software 360

so it has massive potential.   Like the old dream box.   Is there any links to see what the hobbyists are up to also request, activating the USB in the back of the V6 360 to use a Hard drive.    

roy247
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Open source software 360

As a way of adding extra storage or just being able to back up your recordings in case of a HDD failure that would be such a good idea, but I assume it would breach some copyright legislation even if the recordings were protected.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadcasters & content providers already have some pretty tight control over what platforms like VM allow, and securing recordings using DRM is part & parcel of that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vfr
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As all of the equipment that is attached to the network belongs to Virgin media, included the settop box, I'm not sure that you will get much response here as to how to modify it to perform actions that VM didn't intend and it will certainly fall outside the T&Cs.

No doubt there will be somewhere that does, but I have no knowledge of where that would be.

0 Kudos
Swf
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The point is if the people working on the open source had the information of all the bugs it would be fixed quicker. Insted of me posting a bug on hear and being told by the usual suspects that I'm wrong only to turn out I'm 100% correct      once more people notice the issues. Ie the  guild issues we have seen posted on here 5/6 times. 

The same with the sky uhd issues its not working as it should and people on here who don't have a 360 box are telling me  I'm wrong.  That in non sense 

0 Kudos