Menu
Relaxation
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only 1 V6 box updated, other stuck

Hello,

Unfortunately my parents recently signed up for the Virgin 360 "upgrade". Only one of the two V6 boxes they have updated to the new Virgin 360 software.

I can't see anyway of updating the other box and it's my understanding it should of done so automatically? There's reduced functionality on the box that's stuck on the old software. You can watch TV but that's about it.

Anyway to fix this without getting CS/engineers involved?

Cheers

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 1 V6 box updated, other stuck

Have you tried a reboot of the one that needs updating. Worth a try 

Relaxation
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeh I forgot to mention I had tried a reboot.Thanks for the reply though.

0 Kudos
Relaxation
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to CS only for them to instruct us to reset the router which has nothing to do with the issue.This also ends the call if you're phoning from a Virgin home phone. Seems to be a common tactic to get you off the line.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Relaxation,

Have you checked under Apps & Games > All Apps to see if you can upgrade the other V6 from there, as sometimes the update app doesn't appear on the main screen?

Your parent should have received 2 new remotes as well, one for each box, if that's not the case then that may be why the box isn't updating.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Relaxation
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeh, we got 2 new remotes. 

I tried looking in the apps section as I seen that mentioned in another post. Unfortunately the app section and most of the other additional features are "greyed out" and can no longer be accessed on the box that's stuck. Only thing that's working is live tv.

I get error code M63 "Your account is not currently set up correctly".when trying to enter one of the "greyed out" options. I suspect this is because the account has been move to a 360 account now the upgrade has gone through on the other box.

0 Kudos
Relaxation
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We still haven't been able to solve this despite several phone calls with CS.

Last agent said he had sent a signal to start the migration process and the option to upgrade should appear but it hasn't.
0 Kudos
Relaxation
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Eventually resolved by swapping out one V6 for the new mini "slave" boxes. Cuts our storage in half but at least it's working now.
0 Kudos