cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing fault for over 6 months multiple people in same street

dozstanford
Joining in

For the last 6 months I have been having issues with my Virgin Media TV service. The fault is that the image pixelates, audio cuts in and out, sometimes both at the same time, sometimes it's one or the other. Sometimes the TV is ok for an hour or so with no problem, sometimes it happens every 5-10 mins, other times it is constant, and I mean constant.

Sometimes, rarely, a black box flashes up in the center of the screen but disappears before anything loads up in the box, rarely it stays on screen to actually display the message. Never has it stayed on screen long enough to read the full message, although when on screen long enough I can read an error message CS2004 in the top right of the screen.

Now, this isn't just me having this problem, there are two households across the other side of the street that are having the exact same problem.

Some months ago I called VM and they sent an engineer out. The engineer witnessed the problem, checked the cables and replaced a connector on the wall box on the inside of the house. The engineer was at our house some time and spent most of the time on the phone speaking to someone else. He said that they would be monitoring the fault and asked me to take note of the time each time the problem occurred, and he left.

About 10 days later, I had had no further contact, so I called VM again and they said that the fault was closed. They could not tell me by who or what if any "resolution" there was. I then proceeded to spend 45 minutes on the phone to try and resolve the issue, or get an engineer out. Sadly the person I spoke to on the phone did not listen to anything I said and simply kept repeating that there was an outage in our area, uninterested in the fact of how long it had been happening and that it was happening to others in the street.

I reiterate, this has been going on for at least 6 MONTHS. 

One of the people opposite me also having the problem has had an engineer out at least 5 times, they have had all the cables and connecters replaced on their property both inside the house and out, and the problem is still happening. On the last visit, the engineer apparently worked on the cabinet in the street and told the lady that he had "increased the power" to her property, which is a load of tosh.

The other lady across the street has had similar misfortune as myself trying to get an engineer out and she recently spent half an hour on the phone with someone who was trying to get her to change settings on her TV, again clearly not listening to the fact that it's not just her having the problem.

The problem is with VM, all of our DVD/Bluray players work fine, ondemand and streaming services are fine. Live TV through VM and recordings of Live TV through VM are at fault.

We are all sick and tired of not being listened to, we are sick and tired of paying for a shoddy service and we are sick and tired of people passing the buck, and closing faults that are not fixed.

Would someone who is actually capable of doing their job at VM kindly take ownership of this and sort it out otherwise you are going to lose 3 customers.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi dozstanford 

Images pixelating and audio cutting in and out can sometimes be caused by faulty HDMI ports or cables as well as signal issues.

It's odd that CS2004 is affecting other households apart from your own since it's usually due to internal connections/cabling .  There's a screenshot below that shows the onscreen message for that fault, taken from the faults page for /CS2004  Clicking on that link will take you to that specific fault page where it shows how to check the connections.

You can check any VM fault codes from the following page 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/tv-error-codes/ 

Engineers do go to the cabinet and in some cases move a customers feed to a higher "tap" which can improve their signal, however that sometimes means they exchange that "tap" for somebody elses. Doing that may sometimes pass that fault on to somebody else.

VM may be unaware of any localised issues as they don't constantly check peoples connections, and won't know of any problems unless reported by yourself  and others.

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dozstanford,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, as stated by newapollo, have you checked the service status page at all to see if you are affected by any outages, alternatively you can run all checks on your TV here.

Joe

Yes well, thank you for actually reading my post, the last time I spoke to support on the phone paid as much attention and insisted that it was due to "outages", let me ask you, has VM TV service had an outage, everyday for at least the last 180 days ?

We have all run the online service checker, we have all had engineers out and had cables and connectors replaced inside and outside the house We have had all our cables swapped around, checked and signal checked, everything that can be done in the house and on our properties has been done.

I have just had a call from one of the people effected and somehow they managed to get someone on the phone to listen who realised just how many calls have been made by the 3 of us and they claimed to have "escalated" the fault.

Honestly the way we have been treated, the way we have been spoken to and lied to is frankly disgusting.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @dozstanford,

Thanks for getting back to us with regards to this, I am sorry that you feel this way and I really want to go about making this right, for me to do so I would like to invite you in for a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe