Menu
SC90NYG
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On demand TV (ITV Hub)

So pretty much got to grips with TV360 now, probably used the TV more today than I have since I had it installed in December lol

A question about catch-up up/on demand TV though, I'm watching 'The Bay' on ITV Hub now however when I searched it (by voice) only like 4 episodes came up, but when I go into the ITV Hub theres a full 2 seasons. Is this normal? I'm coming from Sky that seemed to have everything available withing the Sky interface, even if it was coming from elsewhere. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or I just have to go into these apps seoerstley to get the full results.

Cheers 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand TV (ITV Hub)

The "ITV Hub" can mean one of two things.

1: Virgin OnDemand programmes accessed by the CatchUp menu, perhaps clicking on an "ITV Hub" logo and maybe even having graphics for "ITV Hub".

2: The "ITV Hub" app that you get to via Apps.

Option 1 will show all "CatchUp" episodes, and I think only 4 have been broadcast so far?

Option 2 will show whatever episodes ITV have made available on their app - which, just like the BBC iPlayer, is sometimes complete series after only one has been broadcast.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SC90NYG
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeh maybe I didn't word it great.

I guess it's just a difference between sky and Virgin in terms of on demand content. On sky if if searched for the bay, all episodes that were available through the ITV Hub would be displayed and available to download/play directly from the sky menus without ever opening the ITV Hub app.

I searched the bay using voice search within the tv360 interface and I could only play from episode 4 (season 2), despite the whole season so far being available on the ITV Hub which I just found a bit strange. I'd have assumed all episodes that are available would have come up, it's a bit annoying to have to use the ITV Hub app to watch episodes 1-3 then be able to use the actual virgin TV360 on demand section for episodes 4 onwards etc.

Like I say, maybe it's just a difference between sky and Virgin that I'll have to adjust to.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm using a V6 not a V360, but I think the underlying VOD platform is the same.

The Bay currently has 6 episodes available on VOD. I've got 4 recorded, so would expect 1-4 to be "CatchUp" and 5-6 to be a "BoxSet" which is potentially package-dependent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos