cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand charges

RobGreenLibr
Joining in

I have additional On Demand charges on my bill. I have never agreed to watch something that I've been asked to pay extra for.

Are PIN channels chargeable? I have watched PIN-access programmes but never been informed that there's a charge for them. I can't think of anything else that might have caused the charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RobGreenLibr,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your bill looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Can I firstly ask if there is anyone else in the household that could have purchased something chargeable, such as Store films or 18+ content? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RobGreenLibr,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your bill looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Can I firstly ask if there is anyone else in the household that could have purchased something chargeable, such as Store films or 18+ content? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

Many thanks Megan

I have been in touch with Customer Services and explained the situation and they very kindly agreed to waive the charges as we're newbies to Virgin. But it didn't solve the question of how we came to incur the charges. There's only my wife and me, and though we did use the default PIN to give access to some programmes  that were locked, these were all in the (as I understand it) channels our package gives us access to as part of our contract, as they were all presented in white on the channel rather than greyed out. Furthermore, neither of us were ever asked to agree to paying to access the programmes. We just wouldn't have done so as there's nothing we really want to watch so badly (though I wouldn't mind access to the cricket channel, but that's another matter!). So we're really puzzled as to how we came to be charged, and at the moment we're not watching any programme that has a 'locked' symbol or asks for a PIN. But (again as I understand it) the PIN is there to prevent access by minors to some programmes that aren't pay-for if they're in your package as well as to prevent someone saying yes to additional charges. That's what Customer Services said, though they didn't say how I could differentiate. So I'm really confused as to what the situation is and what I can watch without incurring charges. Any guidance would be helpful!

Thanks - Robin

Hi Robin 👋

Thanks for getting back to us! Sorry to hear there is still some confusion surrounding how the charges happened, and what is currently included in your package. 

You can see a full list of all of the available channels here 👉 Virgin TV Channel guide | Virgin Media, and if you need to check which package you are on you can do so via My VM 👉 virg.in/myVM

Whilst in your My VM account you can also check out a copy of your most recent bill which will outline any 'usage charges' including 'on demand charges' which should help explain where they have come from. 

We also have these handy articles about your TV PIN (including how to set it up, what is covered in it and how to change it) here 👉 Set up Virgin Media TV pin | Virgin Media Help and pay per view content that can be found here 👉 How to watch pay per view on Virgin Media TV | Virgin Media Help

Hopefully this helps clear things up for you, but if not please do let us know and we can offer further support!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly