cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Splitter

Daveyp1471
Joining in

Whilst decorating I wanted to replace the old cable and wireless box internally which I currently have my broadband connected too. I ordered a replacement cowling but the current splitter (also cable and wireless) is chunkier. Can I replace the splitter with a current newer version or can I remove the splitter and connect the old  straight to my new broadband cable?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

If you have the wall splitter I think you have, one side of the box was marked for radio and the other side TV, if you only have a connection on one side (TV side going to the Hub and 360 splitter), the radio side should have had a termination fitted at some point if not in use.

I don't think they fit these splitters on the wall anymore so you might need to contact Virgin to have it changed, may cost £25, or you could wait @nodrogd maybe able to give more information or wait for a forum team member to answer.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Daveyp1471,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there has been some confusion with this. Do you have any images of the equipment you currently have and are currently looking to implement? We would always recommend a Technician to come and make any changes to your local network to prevent any issues - this does normally incur a £25 one-time charge.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Daveyp1471 wrote:

Whilst decorating I wanted to replace the old cable and wireless box internally which I currently have my broadband connected too. I ordered a replacement cowling but the current splitter (also cable and wireless) is chunkier. Can I replace the splitter with a current newer version or can I remove the splitter and connect the old  straight to my new broadband cable?

The wall box splitter will also double up as a safety isolator. Isolators are a must for any installation. The callout fee is reasonable (£25) & is infinitely preferrable to DIYing the change & possibly causing network issues in the process.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good Afternoon @Daveyp1471, are you interested in having a callout charged at the advised £25?

If so, please drop a response and we'll be able to sort this out for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank but I think I will just keep it as it is. Aesthetically not the nicest but it’s behind a unit.

Not to worry Daveyp1471. If you do change your mind, please do let us know. 

^Martin