cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Dear - Home install Fail

DarrenjuggIns
Dialled in

Well ordered TV 360, got the remote delivered today....

followed the set up card in the box and......

a hard fail!!

the instruction say 3. Start your upgrade by selecting Upgrade to Virgin 360 now from the Home Screen....

yep, that wasn’t an option....

Called 150, got a very helpful young lady.... who looked into things and asked me to reset my box....

reset my box and now I have no TiVo service and no access to apps and games, which is where apparently the app to upgrade is (hmmm maybe that couldn’t have been on the Start your upgrade sheet?)

as my TiVo account is now foobar, I can’t now access the apps....

So currently the self install on previous V6 TiVo boxes is currently a hard fail.....

resolution Monday at the earliest!!!

im rather relaxed when it comes to upgrades and beta testing, but you really need to have this process so simple if you are going to send it out to non beta test users....

I HOPE to have some kind of service back be it TiVo or TV360 next week.... not a good start to my 360 experience...

kindest Regards

Darren 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ardasaydam
Tuning in

Hi,

After reading your post I found out that I needed to initiate the upgrade through the app in Apps section. The leaflet was saying I should find this on home screen which wasn't quite right, at least for the time being. Thanks for that tip. 

The upgrade failed after a few steps and kept failing with an error code which I can't remember now. I've previously deleted all Series+ links, so I decided to delete my program preferences (the info that keeps thumbs up/down info for programs). The box restarted after I confirmed the action and my upgrade successfully finished when the device rebooted itself automatically. I hope this helps.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hey Darren 

I'll get someone to look into the issue. 

What can you see on screen when you turn your V6 on?  Any error messages?

Hi,

thank you, I’ve had to head out but I’ll post any relevant information up once I’m back in later.

the lady I was speaking to had been in touch with the TV 360 team, so I’ll see if anything has changed when I’m back in.

Thank you for such a quick response.

kindest Regards

Darren

ardasaydam
Tuning in

Hi,

After reading your post I found out that I needed to initiate the upgrade through the app in Apps section. The leaflet was saying I should find this on home screen which wasn't quite right, at least for the time being. Thanks for that tip. 

The upgrade failed after a few steps and kept failing with an error code which I can't remember now. I've previously deleted all Series+ links, so I decided to delete my program preferences (the info that keeps thumbs up/down info for programs). The box restarted after I confirmed the action and my upgrade successfully finished when the device rebooted itself automatically. I hope this helps.

Hi,

pleased my post helped.

I’ve been told they have pushed out the update, but haven’t been home to check yet, so fingers crossed it’s sorted.

I will say the lady actually rang me back, so I will give 10/10 for customer care in terms of attempts to resolve things.

it’s a shame that the paperwork sent out isn’t actually correct as to where you need to upgrade the box from, I’m sure that will cause some issues moving forward to home self installations.

let’s hope mine is up and working when I’m home.

cheers

Darren

Good Morning All,

I like to give credit when credit is due and I’m pleased to report that the Virgin Team have worked magic overnight and I awoke to find TV360 awaiting me this morning...

well done TV 360 Team and also the young lady who was helping me from the 150 number yesterday, bless her she even rang me up early evening to tell me it should be resolved and awaiting me next time I turn on....

so thank you virgin for a very quick resolve... initial impression is a very fast, slick interface, simplified compared to TiVo (not a bad thing especially behind the scenes).

I’ll do a proper report on the interface and impressions once I’ve had a day or so with the interface.

thanks again virgin team, 10/10 for resolving things so fast for me.

kindest Regards

Darren

weebit
Joining in

Thanks for this!  Tried to upgrade through main screen and got a MA3/14/40 error as shown below.  I had not deleted any series links, but then deleted the tivo preferences as you mentioned.  The box then restarted back into the old interface and I selected the 360 upgrade app and got the same failure message again, but then box restarted and hey presto was upgraded!  Not a great upgrade experience!

IMG_20201201_215437.jpg

Dazza123
On our wavelength

How long does the install take?? I initially had the error message then when I tried on my other box it said an install was taking place on my original box, though and behold it was, on its own lol now I'm nearly two hours on the welcome screen , is this an error??

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dazza123,

Welcome back to our Community and thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this while waiting for your software to install.

I was able to locate your account from your forum details and I can see that you have been in touch with our team today who advised you on this issue in more detail.

Please let us now if you need any further assistance about this.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks.....not happy about the result....apperantly it'll update sometime today or hopefully by tomorrow....not good when the instructions say 30mins....