Menu
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Offered 360 - can I swap out V6 for old TiVo?

We have been offered the 360 box which I am considering, to replace our V6.

In our bedroom we have the old chunky style TiVo  - do you think I would be allowed to keep the V6 and swap it with the older TiVo? Or would they send a 360 mini? - I don’t know how they would do it, I have also read about the V6 shortage so think they may want it back.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offered 360 - can I swap out V6 for old TiVo?

All you can do is ask and see what they can do

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jaybe wrote:

We have been offered the 360 box which I am considering, to replace our V6.

In our bedroom we have the old chunky style TiVo  - do you think I would be allowed to keep the V6 and swap it with the older TiVo? Or would they send a 360 mini? - I don’t know how they would do it, I have also read about the V6 shortage so think they may want it back.

Thanks

You can't have a mixed system on your account.  The TV360 and V6 cannot coexist running the two different firmware systems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Interesting, I didn’t know that and glad I asked. All I see in the email is an offer but no mention of what will be replaced - cannot do without a second box in the bedroom so will probe a bit more.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If your account has Tivo boxes then these will be replaced with the v360 mini when you receive the v360 these will be included.

Regards MIke

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

If your account has Tivo boxes then these will be replaced with the v360 mini when you receive the v360 these will be included.

Regards MIke

Thanks - I can see on my account page that it does show an additional box which is the older TiVo in the bedroom, however I just read the email again and it says all they will do is send a new remote. I assume the update for the V6 will be a software one and not physical. No mention of our old TiVo before agreeing to the upgrade.

I'm in no rush so will leave for now, I can't run the risk of being without our second box and I don't fancy spending however many hours it takes on the phone to CS to be cut off (happened last year).

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the email says this:

"It’s super easy to upgrade your Virgin TV V6 box, and you can do it sitting on your sofa, in a matter of minutes. All you need is our genius new remote, which we’ll pop in the post for you. And if you’re still using one of our older boxes, we’ll send you a brand-new Ultra HD-ready 360 Mini box to replace it."

0 Kudos