cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd behaviour when TV box comes out of standby

greyman
Fibre optic

This doesn't happen every time, but every so often, when I press the red button in the top right of the remote, which normally turns on the TV and the TV box, they both switch on, but the screen stays dark and the sound constantly cycles between on and off.

The only apparent way to solve the issue is to power-cycle the TV box.

Is this a known fault and if so, is there a way to either stop it happening or to remove the need for a time-consuming power-cycle?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

Assuming the 360 isn't set to Eco start does it make any difference if the box is set to fast start or active start.

Thanks for the suggestion and as my box was set to 'Active Start', I've changed it to 'Fast Start' to see if it still occurs.

As it can be a week or so between occurrences, it might be some time before I know if it has made any difference, but either way, I wouldn't reasonably expect either setting to suffer from such an issue.

Thanks again.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It could be an HDMI handshake issue between the TV 360 and your TV.

When it occurs, worth trying switching the TV to another source then back to the HDMI port that the TV 360 is connected to.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks.

I'll give that a try if and when it happens again.  It'd certainly be a more effective solution if it works.

Hi Greyman 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear these concerns about your TV box coming out of standby. How have you been getting on since changing the start-up settings and HDMI input?

Let us know if you need further support and we will do our best to help. 
Thank you for your patience whilst we get things sorted! All the best. 🌞

Molly