Any ideas why my Tivo 360 has stopped working please

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Not working

We need more information before we can offer any help.

Please can you describe what's happened and any error messages/codes you saw onscreen.

Are there any lights showing on the set top box?

Have you tried unplugging it from the mains for a few minutes?

Check the HDMI ports on your TV to make sure you have the correct port selected. Also try a different known HDMI lead.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
BVNTL
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying

No messages just a blank screen and no sound.

The light on the box appears to be working correctly.

I have rebooted it and I have replaced the HDMI cable and I have change it to different impute sockets.

There is no problem in our area (According to Virgin).

I have phoned 150 and they carried out checks but have now told me that I need to revert to using my Virgin modem back to a combined Modem/Router before they can do anything else and have a direct ethernet connection from that to the box.

Unfortunately, my TV is down stairs together with the virgin supply for the TV. The Virgin Hub is upstairs and connected to an Asus router (Which is working just fine).

I plugged the ethernet cable that went into the TiVo box into a laptop and its getting a great signal so I cant understand why they want a direct feed from their hub when its been working  for 8/9 months. (I can get Virgin TV Go on my computer 7 mobile)

I appreciate the help and hope you can understand what I’m waffling on about.

Cheers Barry

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BVNTL

Sorry to hear of the problems with your TV 360 service, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and for providing all of the additional information.

We've had a look at both your Hub connection and the TV 360 box, in regard to the Hub everything appears to be within the spec's and ranges we'd expect to see. The Hub has been online for over a week and there are minimal timeouts during this period.

The TV 360 isn't filtering all of the information through to us, it is showing as online but we'd just like you to check that it is currently on. Can you also reboot the box and let us know once this has been done please? We'll check again to see if the information is then available to us.

Rob

0 Kudos
BVNTL
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob

Many thanks for getting involved with my problem, I have turned the power off and now restarted it - showing white light but still no picture or sound.

Appreciate the help,

Barry

0 Kudos
BVNTL
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unless it was divine intervention, we turned the television on the watch the Prince Of Wales funeral yesterday and low and behold the 360 worked and I’ve just checked it again today and it’s still working, so thank you for your assistance.

Cheers Barry

0 Kudos