Menu
DSK
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if i have received my full upgrade pack for 360

I currently have V6 box and a TiVo box in separate rooms. I was offered an upgrade to the 360 which i accepted. I received an email confirming I would receive a 360 box and a mini box as replacement.

I received the 360 box plus connecting wiring etc together with 2 remote controls but no mini box and no explanation.

I have tried to make contact with Virgin through every possible means available, landline, mobile,e mail, messaging and on line chat. All to no avail.

I just need to know if the missing box is being sent under separate cover or whether they think is has been sent.

Ive had problems in the past in attempts to make contact and should have learn my lesson and ignored the upgrade offer. Getting very close to the end of my patience with Virgin customer support.

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not sure if i have received my full upgrade pack for 360

If the box you have received looks the same as the V6 but half the height then that is the mini box to replace the old Tivo box and your V6 box will get a software upgrade to become a 360 box. That seems to be the way Virgin are doing this. The software upgrade will wipe your hard drive so make sure you have watched everything you want to watch.

DSK
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Roy247 I’ll give that a go. There’s nothing in the paperwork I received that explains that. 

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey sorry it seems we have an issue where customers with additional TiVo boxes arent getting the right instructions 

here, I've included some below.  Use those for now and we will get it made into a sticky if @Kev_B can do so? 

Welcome to Virgin TV 360!

You should be receiving your new Virgin TV 360 package today; before you get started please familiarise yourself with these instructions.

What to expect:

You will receive two shiny new remotes, but only one new box. 

This isn’t a mistake, but this is because your existing V6 box will be magically converted to Virgin TV 360 using just the new remote.

The extra box is the Virgin TV 360 Mini box that will replace your TiVo box; which you can remove and dispose of responsibly.

What to do:

1. Watch any recorded shows before you upgrade (we can’t transfer them, and you deserve a duvet day). Just bear in mind your service will automatically update 5 days after this package arrived
  2. Please read these instructions first – please keep the remotes and the Mini box in the packaging for now
  3. Start your upgrade by turning on your V6 and selecting “Upgrade to Virgin TV 360 now” from the Home screen, or by launching the Virgin TV 360 app in the Apps and Games folder
  4. Follow the steps on screen with your existing V6 remote until you’re asked to swap.
  5. Need a verification code? Enter: 847446
  6. Once the V6 has been upgraded to Virgin TV 360, you can now swap your TiVo box for your shiny new 360 Mini box.  

Need a hand?

Find help, FAQs and handy tips at www.virginmedia.com/360install