cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not recording when in Standby - V6 box

nb67
On our wavelength

Hi all.

We seem to have had nothing but trouble with our V6 box for months now, failed recordings due to power failure messages each time the box goes into standby.

Settings give no option to remove standby so each time the box is not used for 24hrs+, any set recordings fail. How can this be logical? This means if we ever go away, the box won't record anything 24hrs+ after we leave home, so frustrating.

Add in the constant issues we've been having with failed playback, failed recordings and numerous on screen error messages, this V6 box is an absolute nightmare to live with.

Any help out there as when the engineer came earlier this week, low and behold, no fault found and no idea from him why it's failing.

8 REPLIES 8

nb67
On our wavelength

Apologies, we have a 360 box and a 360 mini box, not the V6 box.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @nb67,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that your V6 box is not recording.

Can you tell me which programmes this is for?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nb67
On our wavelength

Hi Hayley.

It's actually a 360 box, my mistake.

Various programme's are not recorded, we actually have an engineer coming out this week to replace the box. This will be our 3rd box in 12mths for varying issues, all to do with failed recordings previously.

roy247
Community elder

I am guessing your box or boxes are set to eco mode, they need to be set to fast start or active start.

nb67
On our wavelength

Hi roy247, nope, both set to fast start.

The tech team advised us to do that a few months ago but at that time, recordings were ok, just errors on screen requiring a restart daily.

The tech team off shore, on 3 occasions have said the 360 boxes are not yet fit for purpose with  bugs and errors continually. I suppose some boxes run with little to no problems, ours, unfortunately, have had nothing but issues.

Very frustrating to say the least and I'll be probably moving back to Sky at the end of our contract in June as their systems seem to at least run smoothly for extended periods of time, imo at least.

Hi nb67

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the recording issue. I can see you've got a tech visit booked in. This can be tracked and or re-arranged in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

nb67
On our wavelength
Cheers John.

Had a top engineer today who has gone over and beyond for us. 360 box now changed so hopefully all good.

Hi nb67, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am happy to see that the engineer has attended and has changed the set top box, it sounds like everything is now working as it show be and let us know if you need any further assistance. If no assistance is required have a good rest of the week. 

Kind regards 

Chris