Menu
TouchingCloth
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Not ready for implementation

I was looking to reinstate the sky sports package and my wifes phone is about to end its contract, so the ultimate oomph bundle deal seemed perfect.

Unfortunately if I had known how terrible the current 360 software was going to be, I'd have asked to have been paid to take it. Its so bad, I'd rather keep the Tivo front end and pay, than be offered the 360 for free.

I have found nothing apart from the voice search any improvement over the v6 offering. In fact every other aspect of this software I use on a regular basis is iether dreadfully bad or long winded or simply not available at all. 

Even the voice search, when used to look for a link to a series or program promoted on the tv, only finds it quicker, so you can suffer longer attempting to record it on the correct channel in the best resolution. Half the options available to eventualy record the wrong option are not viewaple on the intial screen your presented with.

Its does not search many if any, on demand services, never mind netflix or Amazon. 

I could sit here and lit them all m

It is truly abysmal and in its current form shoul be a criminal offence to call it an upgrade. If you are thinking of trying it dont unless it free. Its absolutely ess haych eye tea.

Whoareya12
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not ready for implementation

Couldn’t agree more. The voice search is the only good thing from this. I’m now used to the UI after 3 weeks but it’s not better we’ve lost so many features. It looks better but it’s taken a step back. 

I feel like a guinea pig and they will eventually fix these issues but I wish I had known. I would’ve let someone else take the problem

0 Kudos
TouchingCloth
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not ready for implementation

Thats my point really. It is a massive step back in usability. This should still be in trial stage, never be onsale, unless it was on par and looking prettier than TiVo. Goodness knows what state it was in for the early adopters in Ireland.

I understand from reading community post there are contractural issues integrating searches for Netflix programs, i can forgive that. As for the user interface, it should look pretty, because you are in it so long going through button combinations, to achieve what was previously a single tap process.  Everything else is like buying a new laptop and realising it runs on msDos not windows 10, thats if the feature you're attempting to activate is actally still available. Basics like a list of HD channels would be a good start for me, but I'm sure everyone has there own bug bears they would prefer fixing first. 

On a positive note, the addition of audio delay adjustment is a good thing too, though I understand from reading on here there are differences in delay when switching between channels. Removing SD chanels when HD version is available is a good thing to be doing, but why can't it be implemented across the board rather than just premium content. Next step should be +1 channels. I can't see the point of these if you have catch up and the ability to record 6 channels simultaneously. 

Tidy all that up and the search facility should be a lot less hassel without too much trickery to be coded in the background to get it back to the TiVo version.

To sum it up, I'm moaning on here instead of watching the extra content I've paid for.  hahaha. 

0 Kudos