cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a good Start - Harddrive Failed

RobbieB82
Tuning in

So, got Virgin installed last week. All was great and working well... Tonight, the main 360 box in the living room has now started to throw up an error that the Harddrive could not be found.

Cant find hard drive - Error CS6002

Im still within my cooling off period for the service and now debating as this was supposed to be a new box... The online help is not good... is there a number to text or whatsapp like there was before?

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Hi RobbieB82,

The quickest way is to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Ill try and give a call tomorrow... everything was going so good 😞

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RobbieB82 

You could try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If that fails then try the second option and Format Disk, you will lose all your recordings and series links, so make a note of any series links you've set up.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tried factory reset keeping recordings and didn't work so tried while deleting recordings and still didn't work... can't even pause channels (obv because it can't find the hard drive to record the pause to).

Annoying as this day and age you constantly pause to make coffee, put kids to bed lol and can't do it...